“Fine,” Stiles grunted. Peter smiled and let go of Stiles. Stiles stood up and started typing.

                “What are you gonna do once you find them,” I asked. Peter looked at me confused. “Derek and Scott. Are you gonna kill people?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

                “Now, now, Brittany. Only the responsible ones,” he came up to me and ran a claw down to side of my face. “I won’t touch a hair on your pretty little head, or Stiles, or your father. Just the responsible ones.” Peter turned on his heel. “You know how wolves work better in packs? Well there are three of us. How about if there were five?” Stiles looked over at me. I started to shake like crazy. He was gonna turn us. There’s no question about it. Here we were, trapped in a parking garage with no way out. We could try to escape, but he would catch us. “I like you Stiles,” he said to Stiles. “Since you’re helping me, I’m going to give you something in return. Do you want the bite?” Stiles’ eyes widened as he stepped away from the computer and farther away from Peter. “If it doesn’t kill you, you’ll become like us. Don’t you want that? You’ll be as powerful as Scott, no more standing by his side and going unnoticed. No more watching him become more powerful and him getting the girl. You’d be equals.”

                Stiles looked at me terrified. He won’t take it, I know he won’t. He gulped and looked back at Peter, who grabbed his hand and lifted it up to his mouth. For a moment it looked like he was going to take it, like he did want it. But before Peter could bite down, Stiles yanked his hand away. I let go of a huge breath I was holding. “I don’t want to be like you,” Stiles said as he huffed.

                “Wanna know what I heard? Your heart beating faster when you said the words, ‘I don’t want.’ You’re lying to yourself,” Peter said turning away from him and facing me. “Now get back to work, or I’ll kill her.” Stiles quickly got back to the computer and stated typing again. “Now Brittany, I’m not giving you a choice.” He walked closer to me and I backed away.

                “Wh-why? Why do you want me in your pack? I’m nothing special,” I tried to sound strong when I said that, but I could tell that he wasn’t buying it.

                “Oh, you’re special. Brittany, you’re psychic. You’d be the all-powerful werewolf. Don’t you hate going outside every day and not feeling safe? Don’t you hate being weak and vulnerable? Do you want to lose that look of innocence and take care of yourself? Maybe when you wake up in the morning, the pain of your mother’s death won’t haunt you for once. You’ll stop crying when you get home, you’ll stop crying whenever you see a mother and daughter on the street, and maybe you’ll stop crying yourself to sleep.” I stopped in my tracks and stared at him in shock. How did he know that I cried myself to sleep, and that I cry quite frequently. I looked over at Stiles who was staring at me with a sad and protective look on his face. He didn’t know that I did cry every day. That was the only thing I have ever been embarrassed to tell him about.

                “I don’t care how I am now, or what I do or how much I hate myself. I’m will not be a werewolf,” I yelled. “I don’t care how much power I’ll have. I don’t-” Everything went black. And it was black for a while. Until I saw the Hale house. I went down further into the ground until I saw Derek chained up to a wall, shirtless. He looked pale and sickly. He lifted his head up and howled. I blinked and I was back in the parking garage, on the ground. Stiles stood at the computer frozen as Peter gripped onto his shirt.

                “Well?” Peter yelled. “What did you see?!” Peter let go of Stiles shirt and marched on over to me.

                “I- I saw Derek. I know where he is!” I cried as I closed my eyes. I could feel his breath on me. He slowly backed away.