Chapter 1: Her Revelation, His Hope

Start from the beginning

People laughed at her hair, it was short, almost pixie-like at one side, collar-bone length on the other. Yet, it couldn't mar her natural fresh beauty. The bruises on her hand were bloody against her smooth ivory skin. Her demure and pale lips, her sharp nose, her dark deep set eyes were full of innocence. She was delicate and petite as she walked in her school uniform through the street. She stood still as the bus that goes to her school came.

It was bustling as usual, and Yu budged in a corner and she was shoulder to shoulder to an old man. Yu was quiet surprised that even in such an environment, that old man managed to keep his hat on. Suddenly the Bus gave an ominous jerk, and the old man came thrashing on Yu's shoulder.

'Daijoubu.... Oji-san?' Yu straightened him up 'are you hurt anywhere? Do you want to sit?' she asked, and kept her eyes on the old man.

'No, No.... please don't worry young lady....' That old man said, adjusting his hat, as if cautious to show his face, 'this bus just gave a nasty jerk..... Are you not hurt...? I am quiet worried to have felled on such a tiny little girl' the old man had a very refined way of speaking and had a very comforting voice.

'Be careful girly.....' a nearby middle-age man warned Yu, 'he could be a pervert....'

'Oji-san.....' Yu addressed the other man 'I know the difference between a pervert and a gentleman.... ' she looked at his face and firmly said 'a pervert would try to take advantage of me, and as I look at him, he was barely asking me if I was alright.....' Yu turned to the old man 'Do not worry oji-san... I am quiet fine....' And with a demureness and forceful smile she said 'I am quite strong you see!'

'Oh.... It's nearly my stop.....' that old man said after a lot of fidgeting, while looking through the forest of people to the bus window 'Thank you for the help little girl....' The old man descended from the bus. But as he went away, Yu noticed that from his bag or briefcase, he dropped a white notebook.

'Sir.... Sir....' Yu called from the bus 'You dropped something.....'

The man didn't seem to hear Yu at all.... And the bus started to move again.... Yu, without thinking, cut through the crowd of the bus and jumped from the bus. 'Sir..... Sir...' she picked up the notebook and started to run after the old man, who didn't seem to notice her. Yu was continuously chasing him, throughout three blocks, but the old man was vigorously walking away, as if avoiding Yu's voice. Suddenly Yu had to halt stop before the signal and there she had completely lost that old man.

'What to do..... It must be very important to the man...... ' Yu said to herself, started to walk away from the place.

....

'What? You must be joking..... We can't have people follow around for a notebook, young lady?' a police officer sarcastically said to Yu, 'people come here for murder or robbery....'

Yu hung her head and mumbled 'where should I go.... The man must be seeking his notebook....' And L would have done the same thing.....

Seeing her down face, the police officer softened.... 'Look here little girl, why don't you give up, it's just another notebook... nobody misses a notebook.... If you really insist' he fidgeted 'I could take down a report.... Of a Lost notebook, and you can leave your identification and address, and we'll notify you if someone comes it seeking....'

'Thank you.....' Yu was getting up, and the police officer stopped him 'wait... wait....' He looked as if he suppressed laughter 'take the note with you....' He handed her the notebook. Yu walked away and clearly heard the policeman saying 'weirdos this days.....'

Yu had nothing to do, and it was too late for school too, so she decided to go home and wait until the man comes looking for the note. She placed the bag in its usual place, and looked at the letter of the newspaper cutting, L.... as if silently complaining to him about what happened today. She thought that after the Kira incident the police had transformed, but it is still in its stagnant place. Should I support Kira now, and condemn you for banishing him? It is a hard choice. I have every reason to support him, but I don't know why I don't.....