-7- (Pt.1)

Terry

My mother and I had spent the morning together, which is the most time we had spent together since she started working. I began to see my mother less and less as time went on. Eric was always working so I spent most of my time home alone. Did it bother me? A little. I felt like I wasn't as important to her anymore.

She promised that we were going to spend the whole day together, so I was happy about that.

"Your going to look so beautiful tonight." My mother said excitedly, like she was going to homecoming.

I giggled. "You're pretty excited. It's like you're the one who's going to homecoming." I said.

"I'm sorry but it's just that I didn't go to things like that in high-school. Everything was just work, work, work."

"Well maybe you need to work less." I shrugged. "You need to enjoy your life mom. Work can wait sometimes. Don't you think?" I looked at her questioningly.

She shook her head, changing the subject. "Let's get in this place. We're just on time."

My mom parked her jaguar in the parking lot of the salon and turned the car off. We got out of the car and walked into the shop. The owner was a really good friend of my mother's. And not only was she my mom's best friend but she was also my god mother.

"There's my girl." My aunt Patricia said rushing over to me.

She pulled me into a hug and then my mother. Stepping back, she did a once over of me and smiled.

"Still beautiful as ever and so grown now." She said. "I hear tonight's pretty special?" She glanced at my mother then me.

"Homecoming. And I need to look fly." I said.

"And who better than me? You know I gotcha baby."

She began leading me further into the salon, but my mother stayed behind.

"I'll be back later for you. I have some things to take care of."

"What happened to us spending time together?" I asked clearly disappointed.

She made her way to the door. "I promise I'll be right back."

I huffed and continued to walk with my aunt. I frowned and sat at the bowl.

"You know how your mama is baby. All she knows is work. But don't let it get to you. Just think about how much fun you're going to have tonight."

"You're right. Thanks Tee Pat." I smiled.

"You're welcome baby."

-2 hours later-

I was finally home and I was pretty pissed off at the fact that I was running late. Since Kendall couldn't come to get me and my mom hadn't bother to answer her cell, I had no choice but to call Eric.

My mother had let me down once again. I really thought she could put herself aside for one day. I guess I was wrong because she never came back for me. It was embarrassing to say the least. At this point, I didn't want to speak to her.

"Thank for picking me up Eric. I appreciate it." I said walking into the house.

"No problem." He said dropping his keys on the table by the door.

Slightly irritated, I made my way to my room and closed the door behind me before walking over to my bed. I took the dress out of it's box and laid it onto the bed. I walked into the bathroom and took a quick bath, careful not to mess up my hair and makeup.