"You talking about doing some kumbaya bullshit?" Brent laughed. "What's the point? We're all going to be dead soon anyway." I guess his morbid sense of humor might just be a little more morbid than mine even.

"What harm could it do?" Brock shrugged. "If I am going to die, might as well not do it with a group of strangers."

"Fine." Brent groaned, plopping down in the snow and building a small fire.

"Woah, man, what are you doing?" Will asked, grabbing Brent's hand.

Brent flung his hand away from him and glared at Will. "Don't ever touch me again." He snapped. "I'm making a fire." He said although it was obvious. "You want to freeze to death out here? I don't really think them little green men up there are looking for us. If what science boy over there said is true, then they already think we are dead."

"Exactly." Will snapped. "They think we are dead already, so why give ourselves away?"

Brent lit the match and smiled at Will. "Because if I don't build this fire, then we will be dead." He rolled his eyes.

I scooted closer to the small flames, needing to feel warmth again, especially since my insides were still frozen from everything that had just happened. I could feel Tommy watching my face as I stared into the fire, but I couldn't look him in the eyes. Not now. Not when any minute my best friend could be dead, I could be dead, we could all be dead. I ignored him, but I didn't stop him when he put his arm around my shoulders and leaned me in closer to him.

"Guess I'll kick it off then." Science guy smiled, pushing his glasses up his narrow nose. "The name is Matty, Matty Davis, and this is my wife, Dani." He smiled at her and she smiled back, looking at him like he was the last man on the earth, not just the eighth to last man on earth. She was pretty. Nice tan, long blonde curls creeping out from under her hat, and expressive blue eyes. Definitely better looking than her husband who could only be considered a little dorky for her.

Everyone looked to the man with them next. He was shorter, stalky, and had a crooked front tooth. "I'm Fred." He shrugged, then quickly looked away to the next person in line. He obviously wasn't a fan of the spot light.

Kaylin sniffled, telling everyone her name while she rubbed her arms. Even through her many layers you could tell that she was fit. Very tall and lean, sharp facial features, and deep brown eyes that matched hers and her father's ebony skin.

"I'm Tony." Her father nodded, his face long and still streaked with tears from having just lost his wife.

His mother sat beside him, her face kind, her deep set blue eyes incased in wrinkles, and her wiry grey hair fanning around her. "My name is Lisa." She said as she held her hand to her chest. Tony hugged his adoptive mother, kissing her on the head as a tear rolled down from her eye.

Brent rolled his eyes when everyone looked to him and he rubbed the scruff along his jaw. "You all already know who I am," He mumbled. "Move on."

Brock nodded his head. "You know me too." He shrugged, crinkling his long nose. He was tall and built, with wild red hair that reached his shoulders and his face was covered in freckles, making me smile. At least I'm not the last person on earth cursed with these things.

Will introduced himself gruffly, then Jeremy went too, introducing me while he was at it, because apparently I'm not capable of doing it myself. Then Tommy lifted a hand and waved at everyone, a big sappy grin on his face, pulling a couple of smiles from the others. "Hey all, I'm Thomas, or Tommy, but not Tom, that's my great uncle who likes to chew Tabaco and spits it into cups and then forgets and leaves them around the house." He grinned. "So don't call me that."