☆Prologue☆

I wake up to the sound of my dad's voice faintly calling my name. I then see a bright white light that blinds my vision for a brief second.

"You are now a big sister."

I quietly yawn and then sit up from my spot in the comfortable hospital chair to see my mom lying in the propped-up bed. I notice that tears are running down her porcelain cheeks. In her arms is a light blue blanket made of fine and smooth silk.

I stand up from the chair and walk over to my new sibling. I slowly run my fingers along the smooth, cold blue and white sheets that line the bed. I then take a moment to peek inside the blanket. A tiny head peeps out, curious about what is happening. I look closely at one of his prominent features: short, light caramel blonde hair.

"What color are his eyes?" I ask, smiling.
"Blue. Just like yours." My mom replies softly, grinning slyly.

"And...if he was born today...and I am seven...that means..." I try to configure, "We must be seven years apart, right Dad?"

"That's correct, smarty pants." He ruffles the hair on the top of my head. I emit a small giggle in response.

"His name is Owen." My dad adds, a tear or two rolling down one of his cheeks.

Suddenly, the newborn's eyes open. I gaze into them. They are like an endless galaxy of sky and ocean, blended together like fresh pigment-the bluest I have ever seen, except for my parents and I. Something about them seems so-unique.

Before I have time to comprehend any of my thoughts, a knock sounds at the hospital door. The lock clicks, and then I see it open to reveal my Grandma standing there, grinning.

"Granny!" I run to her with open arms.
"Mason!" Granny replies, kneeling down with outstretched arms. We finally meet. I give her a tight hug, squeezing as hard as my little arms can muster.

"How are you?" She asks, kissing my cheeks.
"Good! Where's Grandpa?" I reply, making eye contact.

"He had to make another trip to the grocery store." She laughs faintly. I chuckle, then turn to face my dad again.

"Granny is going to take you home so that the rest of us can stay here. We will be home in a little while, okay?" He asks. I nod. He quickly walks over to me, plants another kiss on my cheek, and then gives me a hug.

I also make the decision to go over and hug my mom, and kiss my new baby brother.
I do just that. My mom returns the favor and Owen grins softly.

I run back towards the door and my Granny. "Bye everyone!" I wave, then quickly sprint out into the hospital hallway. My elder soon follows me.

As soon as we arrive home, I run into the living room. As soon as I make it into the main entryway, I decide and change my mind to walk into my room to watch TV for a while. I hop onto my bed, grab the remote on my bedside table, and then turn on the TV.

Immediately, the news comes on.
I hear the reporter start to speak.

"It seems that there was a "superhuman" sighting right here in Manhattan. We don't know who or what it was, but I will keep you posted."

I quietly gasp. "A superhuman? Like, with superpowers?" I whisper to myself.

At that moment, I look at my hand. I concentrate, and within a second, it is turned into a tiger's claw and arm. "How much longer will I be able to conceal these powers that I have?" My conscience asks my soul. I feel nor hear a response. I sigh. I focus on my arm/hand once more, and then it turns normal again.