inevitable

I almost forgot the smell of air after it rains. Or the crisp scent of grass freshly cut. I missed the sound of children playing, reminding me to be joyful. Or the warm feeling I endured in my chest when a stranger passing by smiled at me. It made me feel of importance. Like i was actually acknowledged for a change. Those were few of the thousand things i took for granted- mostly because i had assumed there would be a thousand more. And all of that was pretty much taken from me when I was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma at age 17.

The doctors say its a pretty rare form of cancer but im not one to throw a pity party. Although, death is inevitable. If you're going to die why not have it be at 22 with your entire life ahead of you! Yeah, yeah, i know im slowly rotting away in the worst possible way but at least i try to remain positive. My mom thinks i have depression, I think thats a load of shit. It should be no surprise i'll have the occasional blues when reminded that my cells are multiplying at an abnormal pace.

I've been dealing with this for a few years now you'd think i'd get used to it.

You were wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS IS MY FIRST FIC SO IT MIGHT SUCK BUT PLEASE READ AND TELL ME WHAT U THINK OK