New Beginings

A/N: This story does not follow the plot of any season of Once Upon A Time. That being said none of the characters except Brooklyn Rose, her family, and other future original characters belong to ABC. Syren however, belongs to Zoe2nightshade who is in the process of writing an amazing story about this wonderful character.
*************************************
All that I saw when I awoke from my slumber with a deep breath of air was Syren sitting beside my hospital bed in a very uncomfortable looking chair. It appeared that she had fallen asleep because she had her head propped up on her arm and had pulled all the chairs together on the wall and was laying across them. However maybe the most damning evidence was the fact that it appeared that her eyes were closed, but I couldn't be sure.
       "Syren," I whispered, trying to get her attention, but when that didn't awaken I said it louder, "SYREN!!!"
       "What the-YOUR AWAKE!" Syren stated excitedly.
       "Obviously. How long have I been asleep for you to be this excited?" I asked somewhat confused by this whole situation.
       "You've been asleep for a year," Syren said coming towards my bed. "I think I'm supposed to call a doctor," she whispered more to herself than to me.
       "Ok, do it then," I replied.
       Just then a horrible image flashed before my eyes:
Running, Running, Running.
       But who am I running from? I turn around and see a figure whose face was just a black shadow dressed in a tight black corset tank top, dark black skinny jeans, long black boots that went up to her knees and tied up, and had on a long black cape with the hood up.
       I ran through the woods feeling like Snow White when the trees became monsters. Then all at once I'm thrown against a tree staring at the dark figure as she takes off her hood. For a minute I'm expecting to see someone with a grotesque face but, I'm met with something much different.   
My own face.
       "Who are you?" I ask her.
       "I'm D-"
       Just as the girl is about to answer my question I'm snapped out of the dream of sorts by a doctors voice.
       "Are you sure your ok Miss London Marie Kenward," the doctor, whose name tag said Dr. Whale, asked calling me by my real, full name.
       "I'm fine," I  told the man trying to smile my most convincing smile.
       "Well alright then you look great miss," Dr. Whale replied. "However," my continued making my heart stop momentarily, "we need you to stay overnight for observation. It's not a big deal, we just need to make sure that your ok to go back home."
       "Ok sir. Can she stay with me," I asked referring to Syren who had been siting in the corner, being the quietest I had seen her in a long time.
       "If it makes you more comfortable, then yes, of course."
       "Thank you doctor," I said grateful for the man's kindness.
       "Of course," he said walking out of the room. 
       "Did anything happen while I was out?" I asked Syren.
       "Oh lots! First there was this evil witch who just happened to be Regina's half sister and also the Wicked Witch of the West and then there were these two sisters who were from a place called Arendelle and one of them had ice powers and their aunt also had ice powers," Syren then spent the past hour and a half catching me up on what had happened and also explaining Peter's fate.
       "Wow, that really is a lot," I chuckled.
       "Yeah it is," Syren answered taking out a weird looking device that was a rectangle shape and had a flashing screen. 
       "What the hell is that," I asked looking down at the unknown thing.
       "Oh this," Syren said looking down at the device also, "it's called an iPhone, I'll have to teach you how to use it one day. Anyway Regina wants to know if you'd be ok with her coming to visit."
       "Of course I'd love to see her!"
       "Great! She said she'll be here around 3:00, sound good Brooklyn?"
       "Sounds great! Um this might sound like a weird request but would you mind calling me by my real name, London?" I asked her. I was tired of using a name that was not my own. I needed to stop running from my memories, I wanted to face them head on now, and I believe that using the name that brings with it so many horrible memories may be the first step.
       "You can never run from who you really are darling, a villain,"I heard an American accent whisper to me, it almost sounded like the girl from my dream but I couldn't be sure.
"Of course, if it makes you more comfortable," Syren's voice snapped me out of my daydream.