How is he sleeping longer than me if he fell asleep first?

My sleepy eyes tried to focus on the scientific documentary that was on the TV. Although I've grown a hatred for science, this was actually interesting. We don't even look at the real sun. We see the light the rays casted eight minutes ago. How is this possible? We'll never know..

And the stars, oh the lovely stars... they aren't actually in the sky. We're seeing the light the stars gave off a billion years ago. The light we see are from stars that have lived lifetimes ago. Unfortunately we will never see the light from the stars in our lifetime. Someone down our line will, but not us. That is if Earth still exist in a billion years...

When God decides to destroy the world, maybe it'll be brought back. Will all our history be gone? Most of it. What if there was a world before our existence? What if humans were on the planet before us? What if the Africans made it to America first? What if the white people were slaves? What if we were superior. And what if once time went on and the whites were free, us black people didn't look at them as if they were inferior to us. What if we were all really equal?

How would the world be if Africans made it to the continent first? Would it be the same as it is today, just reversed? Or would we have a heart and make us all equal? Would we all be treated the same and have a fair shot at everything?

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing loudly. I nearly jumped out of my skin but quickly pressed the green accept button so Alex wouldn't be rudely awoken. He turned his face so now his right cheek was on my stomach instead of his left one.

"Hello?" I practically whispered into my phone.

"Happy birthday poop butt." My father's voice echoed through the speaker. "My oldest daughter is twenty-two, wow."

I was taken back when he said 'oldest daughter'. Usually it's 'only daughter', but I forgot they replaced me.

"Thanks.." I found myself not having anything to say. What do you say to your father who lied to you for years?

"I was thinking about coming down to New York with your mom and sister." He broke the awkward silence.

I took the phone away from my ear and stared at it with my face scrunched up before placing it back to my ear. "Don't even bother." I chuckled bitterly. "If you actually attempted to talk to me you would know that I'm not even in the states."

"Not in the states?" I could hear the confusion in his voice. "What do you mean Majesty?"

Before I could even respond my phone was snatched from my grasp. Alex now had my phone pressed to his ear. "She's in Thailand with her husband nigga."

And with that said he hung up.

"Alex!" I snatched my phone from him. I may be mad at my dad, but hanging up on him...? Really?! "Why would you do that?!"

He rolled his eyes to the back of his bead before sitting up. "The fuck you mad for?" Alex shook his head as he made his way towards the bathroom. "Be talking mad shit bout 'em but you mad I hung up on him? I was tryna protect you. Unappreciative ass."

I cocked my head back and stared at him as he entered the bathroom. "Unappreciative? Who the hell are you talking to Alexander? I'm no where near unappreciative!" I stood up from the bed and went inside the bathroom. I stood right behind him as he brushed his teeth. Alex looked at me through the mirror with a mug on his face. I folded my arms across my chest and glared right back at him. "Did you like lose your memory or something?"