Chapter 12: The Fastest Girls in Town

Mandy's POV:

"It all started with cutting." He said. I was sitting on a small leather chair. Jimmy was standing over me with both hands on both sides of the chair. Looking straight into my eyes he said

"Darling, your eyes are so green. And I'm not this nice, your making me this way. Something about you. It makes me tamed. I'm usually a beast." He was so intimidating. He scared the hell out of me, yet he made me feel safe.

"You scare me Jimmy, but you make me feel safe." "Your so innocent. You shouldn't be going through bullshit like this." I looked down at my thighs. "What are you thinking about?" Jimmy asked.

"I just wonder why people pretend like they care and pretend why they like me. I don't know why, but guys always tell me that I'm skinny and pretty and amazing and then the next day they tell me I'm fat and ugly and a whore. No one makes me feel special, like no one tries to love me."

"Let me show you something." Jimmy said. He stood up and gave me his hand. We walked outside and we walked to this tree. We stood under the tree and looked up at the night sky. I felt two arms wrap around my waist. "Jimmy?" "Yes Mandy." "Why did you bring me out here?" "This is where I had my first kiss." Was Jimmy going to kiss me? "It's a special place and I know you've been through a lot so..."

Jimmy turned me around. The wind blew my hair into my face and it looked like a big mess. So much for the cute romantic approach.... I pushed the hair out of my face and looked at Jimmy.

"Whatsername?" "Yes St. Jimmy" "Close your eyes." Close my eyes? I did just that and only moments later I was alone. I looked around. "Jimmy?" I called out. I went back inside the warehouse and there was nothing inside. Was I dreaming or going insane?

"JIMMY!?!?!?" I called out again. No response. I'm so stupid to think I could find someone who actually liked me. I guess I'm just gonna have to go home and do something. I don't know what though.

I started walking on the main road. Why me? Why did all of this happen to me? I started to cry. And I cried harder and harder and harder. I couldn't hold myself up at this point, and I fell to my knees. "Mandy?" I heard someone say. "Yes, who is it?" I asked. I couldn't see because my face was buried in my hands.

"It's Carley, oh my god are you ok?!?" I moved my hands from my face and stood up. "No, I'm not ok. Billie brought home some girl named Adrienne and I just met some guy named jimmy who I don't know if he existed or not but Carley I'm going insane!!!!"

"Calm down. You can stay at my place for the night." "But I don't have anything to wear to bed." "You can borrow some of my clothes." I looked at my body and then at Carley's. There was no way in hell that I would ever fit into her clothes.

"Carley I can't fit into your clothes, your way skinnier than I am." "Do you wanna walk home and grab your stuff?" "Yeah that's where I was going. We can just sneak in and sneak out."

We walked until we got to the front door. I twisted the door nob slowly and pushed open the door. I heard sobbing and two boys talking. "Billie, she will be back eventually." Trè must have been talking to Billie. "But what if she cut herself or committed suicide?!? THERES NO WAY WE WILL FIND HER!!!!" I heard Billie scream and cry harder. I looked at Carley and mouthed 'oh my god what do I do?' She mouthed back 'go get your stuff' we quickly ran past the door way to the living room. "Hey, who's there?" Yelled Mike. I hit my foot on the stair. "Fucking piece of shit!" I yelled. Carley looked at me. "SHH!" "Mandy?" I looked at Carley. "RUN!!!" We both dodged Mike and Trè and bolted out of the house.

Me and Carley ran with the boys chasing us. We ran for what seemed like miles. I could hear my heart beating in my chest and the boys screaming "MANDY STOP PLEASE WE JUST WANT TO TALK!" "Carley, what should we do?!" I asked while running. "I don't know just keep running."

"I can't run for much longer!" "My moms house is around the corner we can borrow her car for the night!!" Carley yelled. "Let's go!!!" We reached Carley's moms house and watched the boys run by as we hid on the side of the house.

"Go around the back and we will use the back door." Carley instructed. We both ran around to the back. Carley pounded on the door and we both screamed,"OPEN THE DOOR!!!" Conor, Carley's older brother opened the door. "Hey Carley, hi Mandy. What are you guys doing here?" "We need to borrow the car for the night because there's these guys who are chasing Mandy and she and and and ugh I will explain later Conor. Please, we need to borrow the car."

Conor walked over to the key rack and took off a set of keys. He tossed them at Carley and she caught them swiftly. "You know my number if you need anything and be careful. Love you Carls."

"Thank you so much Conor!" I said. We both ran out to the front of the house and jumped into the car. We drove over to Carley's house and saw the boys on her door step.

"FUCK!!!" I screamed. "How do they know where your house is?" I asked. "They probably are going around asking people if they've seen us." Carley said. "This really sucks. We can't get in and...." Carley caught me off and said,"who said we couldn't get it?" She said with a smirk. "My balcony has a ladder and I left the glass door unlocked. All we have to do is sneak out my car door and go around my neighbors backyard and into mine. There's no way they will notice us." She said

We both got out of Carley's car door. We both heard sobbing and peaked around the front of the car. Billie was sitting on her front porch crying hysterically. My hear broke a little seeing him like this. Mike was rubbing his back and Trè was on the phone. My phone went off and Billie looked up.

"That's Mandy's ringtone." He said. I looked at Carley and whispered," shit what are we gonna do?!?" "Mandy?!? Where are you I can hear your phone!!!" Billie yelled. "Go talk to him!" Carley whisper yelled.

"No, we are running." I said. We both stood up and ran. "There they are!" Mike yelled. We turned around and saw them running. We ran into town and someone's car was blaring Miranda Lambert's song Fastest Girl In Town. Oh the similarity to that song and this situation...

We were going to run across the street but tons of cars were going by. Billie Joe, Mike, and Trè were catching up to us. We couldn't run anywhere because every way we tried to run there was a big mass of cars driving by.

They finally caught up to us and didn't let us go. "Let me go Billie!!!" I screamed when he grabbed my waist. "NO, IM NOT LETTING YOU GO, EVER!!!!" He screamed. I stopped thrashing and turned around to look at him and he stood there crying hysterically. His cheeks were drenched in tears, he was out of breath, and his eyes were blood shot. "Please don't leave me! I love you I don't know what I was thinking when I brought Adrienne home but please just don't go again!!!!" He cried out to me. "Why do you care about me so much?!?" I screamed in his face. "BECAUSE YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME!!!!" "YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ME!!!!" "THAT DOESNT MATTER MANDY IM IN LOVE WITH YOU!!!!!!" He just admitted his love to me. No one has ever said I love you to me besides my family and Carley. "Fine." I said flatly. "Fine what?" Billie said. I pulled my sleeve down to cover my hand and I pulled him closer to me. I gently wiped away the wet tears on his face. "Fine I won't leave you." He looked up at me sniffling and huffing uncontrollably.

"Really?" "Yes Billie Joe. I'm not leaving you. But promise me you won't bring any girls home or cheat or leave me broken hearted or anything." I started crying too. Looking at him this way shatters my heart. "I promise I won't do any of those things. Mandy I love you and I'm crazy about you."

"I love you too Billie Joe." And with that he pulled my body close to his. He had one arm around my back and the other holding my hand. "Kiss me you insane little idiot." I said with a smile. With that he leaned in and kissed me.