Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

                Unknown POV:

                Zoe and her family had been driving for what seemed like an eternity. They constantly stopped along the way to where ever they are going. Just so Rebecca could get out and go inside a diner or gas station and take her sweet precious time. I always hated Rebecca. She didn’t like the fact that I was dating her sister. I tried to get her to sweeten up to me, by you know… promising a little something in return. But, she was just as stubborn as her mother and sister.

                I kept my distance behind them though. I didn’t want to freak out my precious little Zoey. She’d be very upset. Very is definitely an understatement. But, whatever, I refused to fall asleep because I didn’t want to wake up and Zoe to be gone, and never be found.

                Zoey POV:

                “Hey… Zoey?  Zoe…? Zoey Lynn!” a voice screeched.

                I opened my closed eyes, and suddenly realized it was a familiar face in front of me. Mom.

                “God, I thought you were dead…” she countered my attention.

                “Mom… I was sleeping. Normal people sleep.” 

                “Yeah well you sleep like a corpse.”

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want?” I growled

                “That’s no way to talk to me young lady… I’m your mother…” she pulled, the I’m the most wonderful mother ever. Crap on me. It made my skin crawl.

                “Okay I’m sorry mom. But, seriously what?”

                “I need to drive, so can you move to the other seat?” she asked

                “Yeah… sure…”

                She cut me off, “Oh btw. Your phone keeps going off. Can you silence that or something?” she wondered.

                My mother knows BTW?! WTF has this world come to? Parents know text lingo? Mind blown.

                “Yeah.” I sighed hopping over my sister and got comfortable in the seat closest to the window. Rebecca’s Ipod was still playing.

                She’s going to waste that freaking battery…

                The song playing was my daddy’s favorite song, “Don’t Stop Believin’” by Journey. She really was missing dad a lot lately. I left it playing, just because it was good to hear that song once in a while.

                My phone had almost thirty text messages, and they were all from Sarah. But, one in particular stuck out.

From: Sarah

Hey girl, I just thought you should know that… someone broke into your old house last night. And the like spray painted your bedroom walls apparently…

                Why would anyone want to vandalize my bedroom? It made absolutely no sense at all. Especially after I moved out. I mean it’s one thing if I lived there because, I was mean at times to certain people who had it out for me. But, still… there’s no reason to vandalize. I didn’t think twice before texting back.