Chapter 10: Let the games begin

........

I stood there on my perch for quite a while- seemingly transfixed with the undergrowth into which the unruly boys had retreated. I replayed that final exchange of ours in my head.
His words still echoing through my mind..

'Until next time, Darling.'

My heart started to beat a little faster at the thought. . . . Ughh.
I roll my eyes and internally smack myself for being so naïvely giddy- What the hell is wrong with me?!
It's obvious what he's up to.
After all, he's just doing what all boys do best:
        play with your emotions.

.....Not particularly inventive, I know.

And I am aware that I haven't had much contact with other humans (let alone boys) for the last 2 years, but I grew up with them for the last 15 -

  and the very worst kind at that.

They manipulated me, used my youthful vulnerability to get what they wanted- then beat me bloody and left me on a roadside somewhere, waiting for the next lot to come along and pick me up again.

  Street boys are rough.

But street gangs are worse.

I remember on one occasion, when I was probably only about 8 or 9, there was a boy- quite a few years older than myself. He helped me escape a man that was chasing me, William- I believe he was called. Seemed like a really sweet guy at first....well, they always do, don't they?

He took me home with him and let me stay for a while. I really began to trust and care for him....until, of course, tge little cunt tried to sell me to some gang. God only knows what for.

But I heard they came for him, once I escaped. Gaged him and tied him to the bottom of some duke's horse-drawn carriage.

Some say they only stopped the carriage once they noticed the messy red trail it left along the road.
3 hours later.

I don't know if he recovered.
Or even lived.

Not that I care either way.

The point is, street gangs are brutal. But by the time I was 13, I had put up my walls and learnt how to fight.
They couldn't get to me anymore.
And no one ever will again.

But if Bird-boy seriously wants to try..

  Let's play.

_______________________________
A/N: Hey I know It's been a while but I've been brainstorming and am now super excited for the next couple chapters. (•~^) Next ones will be up shortly- I promise you! Don't forget to vote, comment and enjoy. 💀❤️