Chapter 7 : Torn Between

Start from the beginning

A week passed, and the tests were over. Saiko improved, and so did Miza. The former was the 32nd and the latter was the 8th, and Hinami remained 2nd. Number one was still Shikigami, which pissed Ayato a lot when he learned it, and Hinami still didn't know why.

"Well, let's get going, shall we? We'd better go find Shiro-chan and Kuro-chan and get started with the decorations." Said Miza, stuffing books into her bag. "Yeah, and we need to go send flyers. People need to know what they'll gonna have to prepare for the party!" Said Saiko excitingly.

"Okay, off we go!" Hinami said cheerfully and the three head to Nashiro and Kurona's classroom. "Woohoo! Tests are over and the party's on Friday night! Awesome!" Nashiro said when the three girls arrived at their classroom, clapping. "Yeah! Definitely!" Hinami said excitingly.

The girls put some tables together and gathered around them, and put all of their stuff on them. "Hmhm, materials, fake blood, color papers, paint, markers, lacquers.... nice." Siad Hinami. Picking up one of the bottles of fake blood. "This's the design paper." Kurona took out a piece of paper and put it in the middle of the tables. "This's the Great Hall, where the party's gonna be held, here," She pointed at the left side of the paper.

"That's where the dance floor and bar are going to be. And here," She pointed at the right side of it. "It's the place where 'the excellent idea' would be." She said. "Sounds pretty good! Let's make some skulls here first, and we can bring them to the Great Hall later." Said Hinami, and the four girls nodded, and they started making skulls.

About forty minutes later they made plenty of them and decided to start the decoration at the Great Hall. "Saiko-chan did you bring the 'Keep Out' lines?" Nashiro asked. "Yeah I did." Saiko said as she pulled out a yellow tape that had 'Keep Out' written on it.

"Thanks." Nashiro said as she stuck it on the left side of the door and pulled it to the right side of it, and sealed the door. "Now, only we can pass this line, and it's gonna be deserted for three days." Said Nashiro, putting up a sign saying 'Halloween Party Decoration Operating!! Keep Out!!'

"Okay!! Let's move on!" Said Kurona cheerfully, and they started gluing black wallpapers to the walls.

Time skip again--

They all were now at Anteiku, sitting at the table at the corner where they usually sat, waiting for Hinami to bring them their drinks and food. "Nice job, everyone. The first stage of the decoration's done!" Said Hinami, putting two trays on the table. "Thanks, Hinami-chan." Said Miza, taking a sip of her black tea.

"Mnnnn, Anteiku's sandwich is always the best~" said Saiko with a satisfactory look on her face, chewing on her sandwich. "Thank you very much." Siad Yoshimura, approaching their table. "You're really the finest customers we could ever wish for. Whenever you're here, all I feel is happiness, and I always hear compliments as well. Thank you very much." Said Yoshimura, smiling kindly at them.

"Yeah, you really are." Said Hinami, smiling as well. Saiko and Miza's faces were slightly red, and Nashiro and Kurona shook their heads. "No. It's your own work. You gave this cafe such pleasant and relaxing atmosphere, and that's what makes us so happy every time we come here. That's what makes Anteiku stands out from other cafes. We really like it and thanking you for opening such a wonderful cafe." Said Kurona with Nashiro nodding beside her.

"It's... It's so nice of you." Said Yoshimura, wiping happy tears away from his eyes. "This's just wonderful, isn't it?" Said Irimi, looking at them. "Yeah, even the 'Maen' couldn't take it." Said Koma, wiping tears away from his eyes as well. Ayato, who was watching them at the counter, smiled. "Oh, how I wish Kaneki-kun and Touka-chan were here." Said Yoshimura, looking at the door. "They'll be as happy as I am now if they heard what you said." Said Yoshimura, and the doorbell rang, and Kaneki and Touka entered the cafe.