Chapter 101

Okay, so apparently there's a limit of 100 chapters per story (WTF?!) so, I've had to start a new book... There's no changes in the story, but I hope everyone finds this okay!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie's POV**

"You okay?"

"Yeah... Can't sleep."

"Is it the baby?"

"Uh huh."

"Worried?"

"No, just kicking."

George slides in next to me. I'm sitting curled up on the lounge next to the fire with a big blanket.

"Kicking's a good sign, though," he points out. I nod wearily and lean my head against his shoulder. The baby thumps me in the belly button.

"Oh, even I felt that," George chuckles, rubbing his hand on my stomach, "is there anything I can do?"

"I've had a cup of warm milk, so she should settle down soon."

I close my eyes as George begins to play with my hair. If there's one thing that could put me to sleep faster than a sleeping potion, it's head rubs.

I can hear a funny noise, kind of like growling. I'm half asleep, so I can't tell what it is. It grows louder. Maybe it's George snoring. It sounds like snoring. Dammit George! Shut up!

I roll over to hit him so he stops snoring, but I fall off the couch.

"Mummy makes funny noise!"

I sit up slowly, rubbing my eyes. It was my snoring. I just woke myself up with my own snoring.

"Had a good sleep?" George asks, helping me back onto the couch.

"Mmm," I yawn. Alithea climbs up next to me and gives me a kiss.

"Morning Mummy," she says sweetly, "morning little baby!"

"Good morning precious," I say, giving her a squeeze. George hands me a cup of tea.

"How're you feeling?" he asks.

"Fantastic," I grin. He smiles at me.

"Good," he says, "I'd better be off, love you, sweetie."

"I love you too."

He kisses me softly on the cheek and leaves with Fred. I look over at Alithea. She's lying on her back staring at the roof. I lean over and tickle her tummy.

"What should we do today?" I ask her.

"Go for walk, Mummy?" she asks, sitting up.

"Okay, let's get dressed," I say climbing off the lounge. We walk –well, Alithea walks, I waddle – up to Fred and George's room. I find some pants and a warm jacket and dress Alithea before getting into some comfy pants and an old, big jumper.

"Where will we go?" I ask, putting on her shoes, beanie and scarf.

"To the park!" she says as I help her put her hands in mittens.

"Okay, let's go!"

We walk down the lane to an old swing set, see-saw and slide. I help Alithea as she climbs up the ladder and slides down over and over again. It's a fairly warm day, so we soon ditch our scarves, beanies and mittens.

"Swing Mummy?" Alithea asks, running over to the swings. I find a block of wood and help her climb into the baby swing. I clip it up and push her.

"Whee!" I call as she whooshes past, giggling. After about half an hour on the swing we move over to the see-saw.  Half an hour later we're collecting rocks for Daddy. And hour later we're walking home, both of us tired out.