Chapter One - In Hurry

It was early in the morning. Every one was inside, sleeping, because it was still early in the morning. Not a single cloud was in sight at the bright blue sky, and it seemed like it would be a nice day.

Lily Potter woke up and yawned widely. She got up and looked into the mirror on the inside of her wardrobe. It was a little girl, in the age of eleven, with green eyes and hair, as red as fire, looking back. When she had surveyed herself for a moment she ran down to the kitchen and started to make breakfast. Soon she herd footsteps in the stairs. It was her mother who came down, with a dressing grown pulled over her pyjamas. 

'Are you up already, darling?' she asked curiously. Maybe she thought Lily would make some kind of surprise for the family.

'I'm so excited!' Lily answered.

'Excited of what?' Ginny wanted to know. 'Is it including me?' she asked then, even more curiously.

'Oh, mum! Don't you remember? It's the first of September today! I'm gon'na go to Hogwarts!' Lily said, and made a little dance around the table, where she put a plate of bacon.

Ginny hit herself on the forehead.

'How could i forget?' she shouted. 'Lily, go 'n get Harry 'n your brothers! Tell 'em we're in hurry. I'll make the breakfast ready.'

Lily ran up the stairs, and straight into her mother's and father's room.

'Wake up dad!' she said, her voice rather high. 'It's time for breakfast! We're in hurry!'

When Harry didn't wake up Lily got to the bed and shook him slightly, with her hands on his shoulders. 

'Wake up!' she said again. 'Don't you remember what day it is?'

'Gerrofme, I wan'na sleep!' Harry grunted. 

'It's the first of September! Dad!' 

'Firs' of...? Oh, fu... I mean... Oh, my! Is that today?' Harry finally awoke, sat himself straight up in the bed and turned to look at the watch on his bedside table. 'We're in a sort of hurry,' he said (Lily sighed 'finally he understands') 'Are James and Albus awake?'

'No,' Lily said. 'But if i wake James, you can get Al,' she went on hastily, because her father had got a look of panic on his face. At this thought, however, he looked relieved. 

Both Harry and Lily ran into her brother's rooms, and made them wake up. In Lily's case that meant to  jump on James and shout "Hogwarts-time!", while Harry just stroke his son over the cheek and whispered "Wake up, Albus. You're gon'na go to Hogwarts".

***

They all got down to a breakfast in hurry, where Lily asked many questions about Hogwarts.

'What if I lose points for my house? What if I'm not in Gryffindor? What if I am in Slytherin?' she asked anxiously. 

'If you lose points are everyone in your house going to hate you. If you're not in Gryffindor are every Gryffindor going to love the Sorting Hat. And if you're in Slytherin are everyone, but the Slytherins, going to hate you,' James answered, with an evil grin.

'You don't say so to your sister, James!' Ginny said, and gave her son an angry look.

'I'm only telling her how it's going to be,' James went on, but at the look he now received from his mother, he stopped.

'It'll be okay, Lily,' Harry said calmly. 'Everyone lose points some time. In my first year I lost fifty points, when I tried to help Hagrid with a dragon. But I got more than fifty points back, later.