And now! A classic dilemma in all shoujo mangas! What the heroine gets as a present for the hero!

Tsk. The heros have it easy. It's so easy to pick a good present for girls. You can get them jewelry, cute charms or other decoration, or just plain flowers. You can't buy flowers for a guy! Or jewelry! Or anything cute! And what can you get a guy? I've seen mittens in manga before. Oh there's also handmade scarves, hats, and more. And I think I've seen earrings for guys that have piercings. But there's no way Mitsukuni's ears are pierced!

Ah, maybe cake or chocolate is the best way to go after all.

"Kimiko-nee." I knocked on my sister's bedroom door. Soft footsteps approached before the door opened.

"What is it?" she asked. Behind her, her desk was covered in papers and textbooks.

"Aren't you done with your exams?" I said.

She glanced behind at her messy desk, then smiled. "Yeah. But... well, I was just reviewing what I got wrong. I want to do better next time."

Oh. Amazing! Onee-san, you've leveled up even more!

"That's not why you came to talk to me right?" she asked.
I shook my head. "What are you getting Masa-san for Christmas?"

"Eh-Eh?!" she squeaked, jumping slightly and definitely blushing. "Why are you asking that Rika? It's none- none of your business!"

"I need ideas, Onee-san," I replied.

"Oh. Ideas." She nodded then chuckled. "Well Masahiko-kun really likes watching historical movies, so I'm getting him one of those. And maybe a hat."

Movies huh?
"What does Honey-kun like?" Kimiko asked, opening her door further. "Want to sit down or something?"

I sat down at the edge of her bed, thinking. "He likes cake and anything sweet. He likes Usa-chan. And his friends and family."

"I guess you could always get him a cake, but I'm sure he'll be happy with anything you give him. You would be, wouldn't you?"

That's true. I don't even need a present from him. Just spending time with him would be enough. Hm... I hopped off Kimiko's bed. "Okay! Thanks a lot, Onee-san!"
She smiled. "Sure, though I didn't do anything."
"I have an idea now though!"

The next day, we flew off to Asahikawa, a city in Hokkaido. After endless pestering from me and a bit of persuasion from Dad, Mom agreed to send me back to Tokyo early Christmas morning.

We had a small house in Asahikawa. And small means three floors with seven bedrooms and their own connected bathrooms, a huge living room, an average-sized kitchen, and an entire office floor.