Chapter 38

I have never really told anyone about my father before. Or my brother. Yes I have a brother. I know surprise right.

I breathe in heavily before starting my answer.

“Well my dad and my brother live all the way in Perth.” I start.

“You have a brother?” Harry interrupts.

“Yeah an older one. So anyway. My dad was a complete ass hole to my mum and me, ever since I was born. He never gave a shit about the two of us ever. He would always be yelling at Mum and blaming shit on her, the same with me. One day he had the nerve to slap me across the face. Then he continued to do it a couple more times because he felt confident. Zach, my brother. Was always the favourite child. Dad would buy him nice things, spoil him and never yell at him. Everything Zach did wrong would be blamed on me. Zach would never stick up for me when dad would slap me on the face. Mum would try, but it would never get through to him. So that’s when mum finally gave up. She asked for a divorce and didn’t want to ever see him, again after what he put us through. Mum tried to fight for Zach to come with us, but he didn’t want to. He refused and decided to live with dad. Mum and I haven’t seen them since the divorce because we moved to Melbourne and they stayed in Perth. It’s been almost 4 years. We have no idea where they are or how they are. To be completely honest I don’t want to know. I hate my dad for being so mean to us and I hate my brother even more for standing up for dad and not helping Mum and I. Quite frankly I hope I never have to see them again. Ever.” I conclude.

It was true, all this stuff my dad had done and what my brother didn’t do has led to where I am now. I wonder sometimes if they are the reason I find it hard to stick up for myself. I will never trust my brother or father ever again. I hope I never have to see them again. They are nothing to me. They hurt Mum and I, and I will not stand for their shit ever again.

“Mia, I-…” Harry stutters clearly lost for words. Concern spreads across his face.

“Harry, don’t worry about it. It’s no big deal. They are out of my life and I will never see or trust them again.” I say strongly.

“If I ever see your brother or your father I will not hesitate to smash their faces in for hurting you. I never want to see you upset.” Harry protectively claims.

“Thank you Harry and I’m not upset anymore about what they did. I have had so many years to cry about it and be sad, that now it’s just anger and hatred.” I declare.

It’s true, I’m no longer sad about the situation. Whenever I used to think about it, I used to cry. The thought of never seeing or having my brother or father used to make me cry myself to sleep. Most girls have their brothers and fathers to do all that masculine stuff. Stand up for you, asses your new boyfriend. All things like that. And that used to make me upset knowing I will never have that. But one day I decided I was sick of all the tears and the grief I felt. What happened was their fault. They shouldn’t have done what they did and what they did was wrong. So I’m better off without them in my life. I don’t want them in my life. I am quite happy with just mum. And now that I have Harry, a part of me that I was missing is being slowly filled.

“Come here.” Harry says arms opened wide.

“Harry, I’m not upset I told y-..” I begin but was cut off.

“I know you’re not, but I still want to hold you. Make you feel protected. Because when you’re with me you will always be safe.” He gently remarked.

I fall into his arms as my head rests on his chest. His large masculine arms wrap around me pulling me in super close to give me the sense of protection. I love when Harry says he wants to protect me. It makes me feel safe, like all my worries are gone.

“I love you Mia.” Harry whispers into my ear before pecking me on my forehead.

“I love you too Harry.” I mumble into his chest.

“Let’s stop being all cheesy and sappy. I believe it is my turn.” I smirk pulling out of his hug leaving him with a confused look.

“Alright, go then.” He groans rolling his eyes.

“Do you like kids?” I dare to ask. This question can either go a good way or end in an argument.

“They’re alright, but really annoying.” Harry grunts. “Do you trust easily?”

“Not really. People have to earn my trust. I find it hard to trust easily when I have had it broken so many times.” I exclaim. “Ever broke any bones?”

“Yeah, a lot.” Harry chuckles. “Do you trust me?”

“Of course I do. I trust you more than anything.” I say as a cheesy grin grows on Harry’s face. “Do you trust me?”

“Well obviously.” He quietly laughs. “Cats or dogs?”

“Well dogs, duh.” I laugh, that was obvious. “Have you ever cheated on a girl?” I piped.

“I have never been in a real relationship to be able to cheat.” Harry answers seriously. “But I never would cheat.” He adds.

Well that’s good to know.

“Okay, I think we have done 20 questions.” Harry broke in, cutting the game short. I’m pretty sure we haven’t, but I guess he doesn’t want to play anymore.

“Alright.” I reply turning my head over to the clock. It’s around 12pm so I guess we should go and meet Mum and William for lunch.

“We should probably go, its lunch time.” I say nodding up to the clock.

“Alright, let’s go then.” Harry demands grabbing my arm and lifting me up. I wriggle out of his grip as he gives me a confused look. I walk over to the bedside table and grab my phone, he nods as he realises what I’m doing. I re-join him at the door as he locks it behind us, taking my hand in his and making our way to the elevators.

I wonder how mum and William went. 

(Authors note: Thanks for reading guys. I can't believe I'm actually on 2K reads!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! Don't forget to vote, share and comment please! It's still going to be really hard to update because i have no internet from moving. I could only update right now because my old house still had the internet connected and my mum needed to come back to pick up some last minute things! But i hopefully will update really soon, I promise! Thank you guys xxxx)