Chapter 1

MIAS P.O.V

‘Mia it’s time to get up, let’s go I have to leave early again today!’ Mum yells through the door.

Another 6am wake up call, for another fantastic day at school (Sarcasm included). 29 days in counting til summer holidays! After slowly getting myself out of bed and giving myself a pep talk about how I can make it through the day I decided to get dressed. School uniform off course, boring old blue dress which sat just below my knee, white socks and black T-bar shoes. I pined my hair back behind my head into a loose bun and let some strands fall out over the side of my face. I applied a bit of BB cream instead of makeup because let’s be honest, who am I trying to impress? I then added a small bit of mascara over my eye lashes and grabbed my school bag to go downstairs. These bloody stairs exhaust me every morning, I suppose it’s because I’m pretty unfit. Oh well.

When I reach the bottom of the stairs mum is sitting in the kitchen eating her breakfast. Porridge with bananas and a cup of tea in her favourite mug with the bears on it, like always. Mum doesn’t like to change things up especially since her and dad got divorced 2 years ago. She’s always doing the same thing under a constant schedule that never changes. You could say her life’s pretty boring since dad left, but she has been pretty chirpy for the last two days. I wonder why?  I’m snapped out of my thoughts by mum calling my name.

‘Mia…Mia! Earth to Mia, is anybody in there.’

‘Sorry I was just thinking...’ I reply quickly, placing my school bag on the stool.

‘Well I have something to tell you’ she begins speaking with a smile on her face, which looked like a child on Christmas morning. ‘Don’t get angry, but I’ve started seeing someone.’ She continues.

What? Mum seeing someone? A new boyfriend? Is this why she’s been so happy? 101 questions zoom through my mind, but all I can process is,

  "What?"

‘I’ve started spending time with a man, and its getting pretty serious, he wants to meet you and I…..’ she stops quickly as she sees my horrified facial expression.

"Mia, don’t be mad"

‘I’m not’ I lie.

It’s all so surreal, my dreams of one day hoping my parents would get back together have been crushed.

‘Well that’s good then, he wants to meet you this weekend’ she announced.

This weekend! So soon? Well I guess I’m just going to have to suck it up. If my mums happy I should be happy for her. But somehow I’m sad. Stop being so selfish Mia! I think to myself.

‘What’s his name?’ I blurt out

‘William, William Styles.’

Styles? I know that name but from where? Oh no. Not him. Please not him! I run over to my phone and click the Facebook app.

‘Harry styles’ I whisper as I quickly type his name in the search engine. It is, it’s him. Great mum you pick the father of the biggest jerk in our school!

‘Is everything alright?’ mum questions bringing me back to reality

‘Uh..y-yeah’ I stutter. ‘We should probably go or you will be late for work’ I state.

‘Of course, let’s go.’

I grab my school bag and frantically chuck an apple and some yoghurt in there. All this talking this morning made me forget to pack my lunch and eat breakfast. I grab an up and go out of the fridge and follow mum out the front door.

‘Bye Zeus’ I shout as I shut the door behind me. Zeus is my 5 year old German Sheppard. My best friend really! I can rely on him for anything!

 I run behind mum to catch up and dump my school bag in the boot. I climb into the front passenger seat and turn the radio on the breakfast show. 7.30am was the time, school doesn’t start till 8.30 but it was a half an hour drive and I always like to be early.