Chapter 25:

Chapter 25

My heels clicking against pavement is the only sound between us as we walk silently up the driveway toward the Styles' estate. As excited as I am to meet Gemma, it is Harrys family and I want to make a good impression. Harry, I'm sure of it, is nervous. He said that he hasn't seen or talked to his sister in years, just asked for her status from his father. His father is taken care of by Gemma and maids because of his current condition. Harry always speaks highly of his father in every situation I've spoke of him in, it's not only his successor but his only remaining parent.

I bring my hand up to his and squeeze his tightly. His features are clinched close, jaw defined. He looks every bit of the tycoon his father has pushed him to be, everything from his shined black boots to tailored-fit suit. He glances down at me, unable to force a smile on his dry lips but nods. "I'm right here." I whisper quietly to break the silence. He breaks a small grin of reassurance, "I know. So am i." His grip on my hand tightens and our fingers lock together as we walk in.

A young maid, dressed in blue with a white apron, stands in wait with a curtious smile on her face. She looks around 17. "Mr and Mrs Styles, welcome. Master Styles is in his library, Mistress Gemma has asked for you to stay in the sitting room while the Master talks." She says politely, gesturing me towards a wide room down a hallway. I quickly turn toward Harry who looks equally as nervous but plasters a stern face as soon as I turn.

"You don't have to, I can stay."

"No- you can go talk to your dad.." I blurt quickly so I can't take myself back to convince myself. "I'll be okay."

He nods, glancing towards the living room doors and back to me before kissing my cheek and then lips. "It won't be long, okay? I promise."

I force a reassuring smile as he strides towards a double white door which I assume is the library. He gazes back at me one last time, giving an unsure look which I wave goofily at him, mouthing a 'i'll be fine'. He sighs and goes inside, leaving the maid and I. She smiles at me then at the ground. I give her a questioning look.

"Sorry Ma'dam, it's just that I've never seen Sir Harry act that way around a lady." She giggles but covers it up. I blush and touch her shoulder.

"You're fine, and I've trained him well, haven't i?" I tease at her, causing us both to laugh.

"Indeed, if you will, ma'am, Miss Gemma will be down shortly," She says, escorting me into the huge living room. Christmas trees address every corner, lights strung up high in the ceilings. A large wood burning fireplace sits across from the plush couch I sit at and on top of that is the same picture I saw at Harrys of the two faced man. It still escapes me. Baby pictures of both Gemma and Harry sit neatly in different areas, showing off how adorable he was when he was younger.

"Cute, wasn't he?" A voice echoes through the room behind me, causing me to turn with a photo of Harry licking a icecream cone in my hands. A rather young girl stands smiling, holding a mug in her palms. She wears a beige sweater with a white scarf and red jeggings. She's stunning. Every similarity screams Harry. "Sorry, I'm Gemma. Harrys sister."

"Taylor." I manage, smiling warmly at her. I reach to shake her hand but she pulls me into a tight hug instead. I stiffen into it but pull out calmly.

"Oh.. I didn't mean to weird you out. Sorry about that, I'm just glad someone could mean so much to Harry that could convince him into visiting. Thank you." She explains, sitting down on the sofa. I do the same and accept the mug a maid was holding for me, I bid her thank you.

"Aw, that's so sweet. I'm just glad Harry actually agreed to let me meet y'all."

"Yeah, he told me you know one of my old friends?"

"Oh, yes! Ellie, Ellie Goulding?"

"Oh my god, how is she? I haven't spoke to her in ages, I've missed her dearly."

"She's doing great, actually dating my best friend. Don't worry, he is an amazing guy, he wouldn't dare hurt her."

"Good, 'cause if he did..." She makes a pounding gesture with her hands with a laugh. We continue our conversation casually, bouncing off questions and answers and just plain smalltalk.

A/N

Really really short,

Sorry I'm busy and blah blah blah. I will try bc I have exams all next week. I'll try my best!