Chapter 17:

A/N
Triple POV; sorry it's late I had a late bball game. Scored 13 points wattaya know;)

Chapter 17

••Eds POV
As soon as Taylor called me in a broken tears, I rushed over without hesitation to leave the empty shop. It was boring there without her, without her in my life whatsoever. My feelings towards Taylor had always been brotherly and nothing more, all I have wanted to do is keep her safe. And this fake husband of hers is nothing but trouble. I've heard how she talks about him and that scares me because she actually feels for the arrogant jerk. And now he's done what I expected from the beginning, break her heart. After months of seclusion without any contact from good ol' Ed, here she comes crawling back when she's at her weakest. Not that I could ever turn her down, she's like my sister, she's family. Who am I to abandon her when I'm basically her only true go-to guy. Taylor was always a strong woman and now, hearing her in her first true heartbreak, absolutely tears me apart. Naturally I rushed to her side.

I ring the doorbell frantically then grit my teeth when the he-devil himself answers the door. He looks as if he's been crying, eyes red with his curls standing up.

"What do you want?" He spits arrogantly, his voice husky and tired. I press my lips together tightly and try to hold back cursing him out or my instinct to pummel him. If I did, I know I'm no match for the likes of him. He'd beat me to a pulp without second thought.

"Taylor called me. She needs someone to protect her from cheaters like you. Now, if you'll excuse me-" I start past him into the house where the stairs sit a few feet away but Harrys hand stops me by bumping my chest slightly, blocking my entrance.

"I didn't cheat." He states plainly, his voice cracking under emotions. I roll my eyes and nod, Harrys hand releasing me surprisingly, allowing me to stride toward Taylors room. Harry had to cheat, judging by the papers, how could they not be correct.

••Harrys POV
My fist slams against the couch pillow before flopping down on it with a huff. The picture was old, way old, back when I was nothing but an acting tycoon. I need to tell Taylor that but how could I even face her after her rant. "I hate you. I HATE you, Harry Styles" the thought repeats endlessly in my head. But she had also said she did love me, though she just realized it on the brink of her meltdown.

And now, and oh now, that dang Ed kid decides to come in my house to comfort my wife. And Taylor decides to go to him for comfort. I want to murder Ed for even getting near her, let alone being her comforter. That should be me, I should be the one she comes running to. They could be doing anything up there to get over her heartbreak. Just the thought of Taylor being touched by another man sends splinters of jealously eating up my spine.

From what I know from Taylors proclamations, Ed is her best friend since childhood. If she dated another man, it'd most likely be the man she knows the most, which is Ed. It is likely to date your lifelong friend. My fist continously pounds the pillow in a sudden burst of fury before crossing my arms.

The words she said to me haunt my thoughts. She thought I was just a low-life pleasure-seeking manwhore who was only after her sexual desires but she was so wrong. She called me a lier, she called me a cheater. All these things becoming questions in my head. Am I really? Had I really? No. I had and have feelings for Taylor outside of just the bedroom, I had not lied when I said I loved her. Now I need to let her know that

••Taylors POV
My pillows were already splotchy from mascara tears, ruining the comfy white sheets. Ed had just left, leaving me alone in the house with Harry though I refuse to leave my room. The only food I've gotten comes from Ed who snatched a McDonalds burger and large Tea on the way over. I could never thank him enough, he is truly the most important person in my life at the moment. I feel so bad for excluding him from my life when in reality, he was the only true friend I have.

Suddenly two knocks come from the door, gentle yet hesitant.

"Go away." I groan, turning on my stomach to bury my face into the mountain of pillows. I don't hear anything else so I suppose he leaves until the bed sinks at my feet. "How'd you get in here?" I demand, sneaking a glance from the side of my eye.

"I have a key to all rooms of the house." He says simply, he sounds exhausted and emotional. Same as me except I'm constantly out of breath from sobbing. Despite my disgust for the man in front of me, I can't help but let my heart jump for joy that he had made an appearance.

"Please leave." I whine into the pillow, muffled. Please stay, my mind screams. Stop it, Taylor. He's a jerk. But he cares. No he doesnt, look at who he is.

"
Not before you hear me out." he states, causing me to sit up expectantly, plastering a sassy expression firmly on my face. My head held high though mascara trails my face and it's splotchy from bawling.

"Then go, so you can leave me alone." I retort. He shifts uncomfortably, his pride clashing with his honesty just in his eyes.

"For one, I didn't cheat, Taylor. That's a really old picture from before- us." he stumbles. I scoff, rolling my eyes sarcasticly. Of course he'd say that, one part says while my other half wants to believe him.

"There was never an us and you know it." It burns my lips to even say that. He winces as if he can feel it and shudders. Instant regret washes through me.

"I- uhm. And, well, two. I didn't lie about a single thing I said, I meant everything. Sure, at first I hated you, but you hated me."

"And it's the same now."

"No, it's not, Taylor. I love you. You might not love me or want to admit it but I can tell how much it hurts you to be mad at me. You want to forgive me but you're too stubborn to admit thaf you were wrong." He says raspily, his tone urgent. Every single thing he said is correct. I was wrong but that's not the thing to say to a girl. You don't tell a girl that she's not only wrong but stubborn too?

"Excuse me?"

"You're stubborn! You're strong-willed and hard-headed. You think you're always right, but you arent. You think you're defying me by saying you hate me when I can see through that, Taylor. You love me and you know it."

"Ugh, Harry, you make me so- just leave. Leave me alone now or I swear I'll-" I burst, fraying out my hair by pulling on it in frustration. He smirks at me as if knowing he had won. But I don't even get a chance to finish before slamming the door shut in his face, breathing harder than nessesary.