Chapter 12:

Chapter 12

"And how do you expect me to do my job when you can't even get my schedule right?" Harry shouts in my face, basically spitting. Another fight, surprise surprise. Harrys alias has made a reappearance, destroying and tearing my life apart once again. His veins are bulging out and his face red, eyes more looking like they're just searching for a venting partner and this is how he vents. Through anger and rage and through his method of venting comes loss and betrayal of his loved ones because everyone he hurts, leaves and runs. I just have to remind myself where I stand next to him.

"Harry, it's still my first week. I'm sorry- just please.. don't yell at me." I say quietly, pushing back a strand of my bangs that has fallen into my face. My vision is half blurred by the tears threatening to spill over so I look down which only makes it worse. He glances at me from the corner of his eye, suddenly searching for the words to apologize. He itches the back of his neck and opens his mouth then closes it, shaking his head.

Suddenly I reminisce this weeks events, specifically our emotions toward eachother. Nothing has happened since the breakthrough on Monday, just civil conversations that end briefly or nothing more than business. My sadness soon turns to confusion and then to anger. How can he just kiss me like that and earn my trust then turn around and not do anything else related for the next week? Oh right, he's Harry Styles. You know, it's probably just a joke for him that he's only in for the deal if it ends in his pleasure and then he's done with it. He must have got tired of me early, that's why he has no purpose in me anymore. He is a world-class actor, how could I forget?

"Wait, y'know, I was meaning to ask you. Who do you think you are that you can go forgetting about me and that stupid kiss on Monday for a week? That kiss was nothing but a mistake, I'm sorry Mr. World-Class Actor, I know I fell for your charm. Trust me, that won't happen again." I state, turning on my heel to leave before I hear his voice behind me.

"You know why I can't look at you, or let alone talk to you personally?" He says, causing me to stop with my hand on the doorknob. Suddenly intrigued on what he has to say, I turn my head towards the window-wall but not daring to turn to look at him. "Because if I even get near you, I'm scared i'll lose my self-control and touch you, or something worse. Everytime I get this burning desire yet I know I have to protect you so I cant. I need you close to me but at the same time I want you away because of how much you affect me. You kill me, Taylor, because you're the only woman who can drive me nuts without even saying a single word or stripping down. I'm scared i'll hurt you, and that's the last thing I want."

I can't move or let alone breathe, my heartbeat is inconsistent. Once again I'm humiliated and made a fool of myself by and in front of Harry. His words shock me though and soon I hear his hands slamming his desk in frustration. I turn to face him though he's staring face down at his desk with his forehead rests on. Slowly, I approach his, gently sweeping his curls from his shaded eyes. He tilts his chin up to meet my eyes and I grin sincerely down at him.

"And you think I don't get that same desire when I'm even close to you." I whisper, pecking his nose softly. He flushes as his dimples pop out to his cheeks. Lust bubbles from the pits inside me as thoughts of the things that could happen in this tension-filled office space- no, don't you dare even think about that because if you even provoke it, Harry won't be able to stop himself and all we go down from there.

"Taylor?" He whispers huskily, our eyes drilling into eachothers. "Hmm?" I rumble, our foreheads resting against eachothers.

"I don't want to tell you until I'm completely sure, but... I think I might love you." He murmurs, seemingly unsure but sure at the same time. My heart flutters at the thought, my face taking color. I swallow my giddiness. I hope he doesn't expect me to say it back because I have no earthly idea how to love besides the storytales. I've always dreamed of love, the link between sanity and not, but never knowing more than my hopes for what it might be like someday and on that day my lover may teach me how to love. But I may have to be the one teaching my own lover about love by the simple purpose through mystical magic that sparks a relationship through destiny and fate. But somehow Harry Styles, the boy who had womanizing starting from age 16 and hadn't stopped since until this moment where he was professing his love to his fake wife, seems to know how and what love is when I don't. If anyone knew about love, I wouldn't be putting my money on Harry based on his past.

I let my eyes fall closed, "Please.. don't tell me until you're completely sure and until I can undoubtably tell you that back. But thank you." I wrap my hands around one of his large ones, both of mine making up just one of his. He nods, a small smile drawing on his lips.

I gently press a little, passionate kiss to his cheek, then to his lips and finally to his forehead. "We better get home, it's getting late. You have a couple meeting tomorrow. Don't worry about your schedule, I'll print it off before I leave. I'll meet you at home, alright?" I whisper. He presses his lips together as if unsure of letting me stay.

"Can't you just do that tomorrow?" He groans, running a hand through his hair as if trying to coax himself.

"It's for your schedule tomorrow, Har." I breathe, standing. "Don't worry, i'll be home 5 minutes after you do. Any more and you can call the dogs on me for all I care." I laugh, cupping his face in my hands and looking up at him.

"Okay, just hurry up, be safe." He smiles. I return it and bounce up high enough on my heel to gently peck his lips.

"Gotcha, you too." I reply, letting him nod to me once more and stride slowly towards the exit.

I gather the papers and stuff them into my organized folder that I slide into the one labeled 'Harrys Schedules'. The building is relatively empty this late at night except for the occasional overworker draining their fifth cup of coffee in the last hour. A receptionist, one who I've become familiar with named Jane, sits reading a book at her post. She smiles as I pass, muttering a sleepy yet warm good night. I exchange it and continue on my way. My eyes divert to the side where I suddenly lose my footing as I see a shock for sore eyes, my ex. John sits there cross-legged, smirking at me and half looks up from his phone.

"Speaking of the devil," He murmurs and stands before bursting out a loud. "Taylor!" and engulfing me in a forced hug. He reeks of the smell I had puked over time and time again because of the hatred for this disrespectful man. I push him off quickly, disgusted with even being in his presence. He smirks.

"I've been waiting for you to come out, how about a drink?"

"How about no, John. I'm definitely not interested, I'm actually married."

"Yeah, sure you are. I know you'd never marry a guy like the Styles'."

"Then you should know a mess like yourself would never even have a chance."

"I use to in your eyes."

"I was young and dumb at 16. We didn't even kiss, John." I breathe, tired of the sharp-shooting remark after remark. The promise I made to Harry to be home as soon as possible surfaces in my mind. "If you'll excuse me, I must be getting home to my husband." The word sending shivers down my spine. He makes a dramatic swooshing motion towards my awaiting SUV. I smile sarcastically at him, strutting forward until I'm in the car and out of Johns despicable sight.

•• A/N••

Btw I made all these personalities up, I know not all of them are like this. a They are just characters.

••