Chapter 6-Introductions

We walked through the gardens, and stopped at a pile of clothes, with some brown weeds atop it. It wasn't until I got closer till I realized that the pile of clothes-was actually a person!

"Fiona dear, those flowers look beautiful, today." Miss Peregrine complimented her. As we started walking towards the large house, she turned around and said, " Oh, and Fiona, this is Harper. She's new."

Fiona looked at me, and with a salute of two fingers she turned back to whatever she was working on.
                                        •

The entrance to the house was beautiful, there was a coat rack with a single jacket hanging on a peg.

"Children, come quick! I'd like you all to meet someone!" Miss Peregrine said.

Upstairs, it sounded like a stampede, feet thundered against the roof of the grand entrance of the house. Enoch got into place, Enoch being at the back, and The others being towards the front. 

Three children came bounding down the stairs ( accompanied by a floating jacket), and Fiona came through the front door. They all got into place.

"Okay children, this is Harper. She'll be staying with us. Now, I want all of you to say your name and your peculiarity, starting with olive."

" Hello, my name is Olive, and I'm lighter than air." She smiled at me.

" Hullo, my name is Claire, and I have a back mouth." Before I got the chance to ask what the heck a back mouth was, the next person began to speak.

" Hi, my name is Bronwyn, and I'm peculiarly strong."

"Hello, my name is Emma, I can make fire with my hands. It's nice to meet you." A blonde smiled at me.

"The names Millard, and I'm invisible." The floating jacket spoke!

" My name is Horace, it's a pleasure to meet you, my peculiarity is prophetic dreams." He finished with a smile.

" Name's Hugh, I have bees living in my stomach." Said a boy with the weirdest giggles I have ever seen. He put a hand in front of Fiona, " And this is Fiona, she can grow plants." Fiona nodded towards me.

"Enoch, I give things life."  He said blankly.
                                     •
When all of them were done, we headed towards a large room with a table, and feast sat upon it.

We ate while some of the children told us all what they did today. We were all halfway through our food, when Bronwyn said something to Claire.

"Little one, why aren't you eating your food?" She asked.

"It's because she's embarrassed in front of Harper." Olive answered from the other side on Bronwyn.

"It's okay, don't be embarrassed." I told her reassuringly.

She smiled and brought her ham bone to the back of her golden curls. She lifted her hair up and put her bone where her hair was. And then all the meat on the bone was gone. I blinked.
What?
                                       •
We were all done, and just talking to waist time.
All of a sudden, Enoch got up and went upstairs. I followed him.

I went down the hallway towards one of the closed doors. I knocked lightly 3 times.

"Come in" I heard from the other side of the door. I opened the door to see dozens of jars stacked upon three long shelves.

"Wow..." I whispered under my breath. I looked to a corner of the room where I see him crouched over a desk.

"Show me what you can do." I whispered to him.

"Okay, come over here." He said not moving from his project.
________________________________
A/N
That was the longest chapter yet!
I hoped you liked it! Comment if you'd like to see an Enoch PoV. I've been thinking about doing one and I want your intel. As always comment, vote, and make sure to follow me! I'd love the support! Thank you!

Bye,
-Kitty🤓                            Word Count: 642