Character Selection

There are 55 playable characters in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS (excluding Miis). All with widely varying stats, movesets, and matchups. Each character's expected competitive performance is ranked into a tier list, which there are variations of. For this guide, I will be using the the Smash 4 Backroom (4BR) tier list for placements and the Event Hubs Smash 4 tier list for specific character matchups. When thinking of who you want to play as, it doesn't hurt to first look up a tier list before you make your choice.

A tier list will tell you who the more successful characters are, but don't let that stop you from being a low-tier warrior. You might not be good with Sheik, but what if your Ganondorf can outplay the best? Get to know the characters. Go around and see who fits your playstyle. You might just pick up a top tier like Cloud or Bayonetta, that's totally fine. Just don't sleep on the rest of the cast. Main the character select screen if you want.

While having a solid main is important, keep a pocket to deal with those certain matchups. And don't forget that it's important to familiarize yourself with all the characters. Learning what combos work and until when can make a world of difference in a match and can give you the edge.

Be sure to read the description. With all that said, let's get into the roster.