08. Hearts Touching

Yoichi's POV

I waited patiently for the kettle to boil, placing two tea bags into mugs in advance. Yuu had decided to stick to the regular English breakfast tea, whereas I had decided to go for a raspberry flavour.

My attention was drawn away from the tea-making and towards soft knocking at the front door, and I began walking towards it, presuming Yuu was still getting dressed.

I wrapped my fingers around the metal doorknob and began twisting it.

"Hello-" I began, but immediately stopped myself when I noticed who was standing before me. Yuu's mother, along with my parents.

"Hello Yoichi," Ms Amane began. "Can you got fetch Yuu and meet us in the living room?" I nodded slowly, turning around and moving towards the stairs. Why were they here? I knew Yuu's mom was coming home today but I didn't realise shed be coming in the morning. Lost in thought, I bumped into Yuu.

"What's the matter, Yoichi?" He asked, immediately sensing my uneasiness. "You're shaking." I felt my breathing speed up, and my mind became fuzzy with fear.

"Yuu-kun, they're here. My parents are here!" I blurted, grabbing the upper parts of Yuu's arms. The taller male swiftly pulled me into and embrace, one hand tracing over my back and the other buried in my hair.

"It's okay, Yoichi, it'll be fine. Please, try to calm down," he repeated, softly. "Can you hear my heart beating? Try to focus on that." I closed my eyes, doing as he had instructed.

The whole world appeared to fall silent, the only sound being Yuu's heart. I listened very carefully, taking subliminal note of the length of time in-between each one. Eventually, my own breathing slowed to its original speed and I pulled away.

"Thank you," I mumbled, my cheeks a small shade of pink.

"Anytime. Come on, let's go see what's going on." Yuu grasped my hand, accompanying me down.

~

He released his hold on my hand as we walked in, which is probably for the best to avoid arousing suspicions (even though I would've liked to hold it as long as possible) and I could feel my father's stare burn through my flesh as I sat down.

"Ok Yoichi," Ms Amane began, "Your parents gave me the brief on what happened last week, and they have something they'd like to ask you." I glanced over to where my parents were sat, my mother smiling weakly and my father slightly scowling. 

Mom straightened up. "Yoichi, we would like you to come back home, at the end of the day, you are our son, and if this is a choice you've made, then that's that." It isn't a choice, I thought silently. I couldn't forge the confidence to say it aloud, nor did I really want to. In all honesty, I didn't want to go home. Even if my mother wasn't putting this on and truly didn't care about my sexuality, I knew my father was. Even before I told him, we didn't have the greatest relationship, which I never really understood. When I was younger other boys would tell stories about activities they did with their Dad's and how much they looked up to them, I couldn't do the same. Perhaps the reason this came to be was because I wasn't the son he wanted, and I wasn't masculine enough. I don't know. 

I also didn't want to leave Yuu. I felt safe when he was around. It felt as though nothing could come to harm me, and that someone cared about me. When he was with me, it was as if no one else in the world existed and that it was just him and I, and I loved that.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Alright, we'll wait for you in the car. Go get your things," My Dad said sharply. "Again, Ms Amane, Yuichirou, thank you for looking after Yoichi." The two stood up and proceeded towards the door before vanishing from the house. I turned to Yuu, trying to force a smile but failing to do so. He quickly pulled me into a hug, squeezing me tighter then usual.

"Call me if you need anything, Yoichi," He murmured. 

"I will, thank you, Yuu-kun." 

~

Hey!

This chapter was supposed to be released sooner, but then I began adding more to it and I just

I need to stop procrastinating writing this honestly omg

Thanks for reading!

~TeenyWeenyCoconut