the one where harry really catches feelings? (pt. 1)

Harry had felt off all day, something had changed although he wasn't quite sure what. He kept his head down in between classes to avoid being bombarded with questions from his very "observant" classmates wanting to know why he was acting "so strange". He was busy staring at his shoes as he shuffled to class accompanied by his two best friends who he had already told to avoid questioning him so they walked in a peaceful silence to their next class.

Harry was a few steps in front of his friends and as he rounded the corner of one of the hallways he ran straight into a... wall? no, statue? no, Draco Malfoy? of course. Just his luck Harry thought as he looked up at Draco from his spot on the floor. "Watch it Potter, you'll get your stink all over me!" Draco's sad attempt at an insult went unnoticed by Harry however, who couldn't seem to pull his eyes away from Draco. He'd never noticed just how blonde his hair was or how grey his eyes were or how nicely his body type fit his looks.

When Harry pulled himself out of his daze he realized Malfoy was staring right back at him, and not in his usual death starey way either. This only lasted for a moment however as Malfoy stammered," I... uh... P-Potter stop staring at me what's wrong with you?!" Now it was Harry's turn to trip over his own words, " Um... I-I wasn't staring uh you just knocked me over pretty hard and I guess i zoned out for a minute is all." He stood up shakily and was fairly certain that answer would suffice, but Draco didn't seem very convinced, almost like he knew what was going on, but how could that be? Harry didn't even know what was going on. Or did he?

He'd never noticed Malfoy in such a way before, as he thought about it he was sure that it was the same way he had felt when he'd noticed Cho for the first time. Harry's head began to spin and his stomach started flipping and he was sure he was going to puke. He couldn't believe what his own mind was telling him... He liked Draco Malfoy?! Draco was still looking at him uncertainly when Harry turned around and bolted for his room.