Chapter 05: Election Stress 2016

The upcoming election here in the United States had been the cause of great stress for many people. This chapter is not intended to endorse or denounce any candidate but to offer a message of hope. Despite the negative advertisements and news reports, there is still hope for this country and the people in it.

Since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, God has made tremendous efforts to restore humanity to Himself. God gave law and commandments to help people follow the right path, He sent prophets to guide his people, and eventually sent His own Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. After going through all that, it makes no sense that He would abandon us now. God is with us for the long haul, and we need to cling to Him with an equal level of determination.

Some people have said that America isn't a Christian nation anymore, but I disagree. The United States was the first country established for the expressed purpose of allowing its citizens to worship God. Have you noticed how politicians end their speeches? They almost always say "May God bless America" in closing. It's like a rubber stamp automatically applied without thought. Some of these politicians don't care about God, yet they still say the line. Why? Because they are trying to get the votes of those who do believe. They know Christians hold a vast number of votes, and the politicians want those votes. America is still one nation under God.

Before God destroyed Sodom for its evil, He inspected the city to see if there was anyone good still there, promising to spare the city for the sake of 10 righteous people. The fact there are so many followers of God in America speaks very highly for the nation's chances of survival.

This is not to say America won't fall. Israel is God's chosen people, yet they went into captivity many times when they turned from God, but they were always restored when they turned back to Him. If the United States does fall, due to its departure from God, I'm certain it will be restored when those who are left return to Him.

Romans 8:28 says: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." It says all things, not some things, or the easy things, but ALL things.

Joseph was sold into slavery by his brothers, falsely imprisoned, and then forgotten for two years. It seemed pretty bad, but God had a purpose and used it to save an entire nation as well as Joseph's family.

Haman in the book of Esther was in a very powerful position of government and wanted to wipe out an entire people because one of them had refused to bow to him. A terrible political leader with great power to do all kinds of nasty things, does it sound familiar? God used Haman to promote His chosen servants and fulfill a plan to destroy the enemies of Israel.

Even if we get a terrible leader in the United States, and we've had them before, God can still protect His people and accomplish great things. God is not hindered by mere mortals who think they have power. God has the power.

Since before the world began, God knew how it would end, and He's had countless years to prepare, getting everything and everyone positioned perfectly. "There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against The Lord." - Proverbs 21:30

So, don't let the negatives on the airwaves and Internet bring you down. God has the situation well in hand. No matter who rules a country, God still rules the world.