34 ; SAME PACE

"Again!" 

Ushio bounded back up, ignoring her ragged breaths, attempting to kick Lee. He stopped her easily, but hadn't been expecting her fist.

The two exchanged blows, Lee having the upper hand speed-wise, and Ushio attacking when spotting a weakness.

Gai watched them. Ushio wasn't getting better at Taijutsu, no matter how long they've been working on that. Kakashi was happy with her Genjutsu skills, having her knowing how to used more than one advanced Genjutsu, and almost never failing to realize she was in a Genjutsu in over a minute. Ninjutsu were always a bit harder for her to learn, but she's never spent more than a week mastering a ninjutsu. Water came easier for her, though wind was her affinity.

Her Taijutsu skills were staying the same.

"Ushio, use speed an strength! Don't look for weaknesses like you're used to!"

But it was no use. 

Lee was faster and stronger, and under the no-chakra rule, she had no chance. She looked for openings, but beside those, she had no other chance of hitting him.

"Ushio!"

"I can't!" she snapped, dodging a kick from Lee in less than a second. "Lee's faster than me! And stronger! I can't win using those two!"

"You aren't making any progress," he lectured, Lee's fist hitting her cheek lightly. She took the chance, grabbing him under his arms, trying to use the momentum to throw him over.

"I'm trying," she growled back.

"Not hard enough."

"Provoking me isn't gonna do shit!" she snapped, grabbing Lee's fists with Chakra infused palms. "I'm trying my best for a month and a half, every single day, and not making any progress. Don't you think it says I'm at my physical limit for now?!"

Gai looked at her with interest, "What do you mean?"

"I'm eleven, my body's still developing. My muscles aren't fully grown, and they're still ones of a child. Physically, I cannot reach my peak currently."

"That actually sounds about right, Gai-sensei," Lee said. "As I grew, it became easier for me."

Gai frowned. "Fine. You're free. Come back next week. Lee, I'm gonna head out of the village fora mission. Do you need anything before I leave?"

"No, Gai-sensei!"

Ushio saluted, "thanks Gai,Lee. See ya," she quickly left, going to meet at Naruto at Ichiraku's. The two barely spent any time together, and she promised him they would hang out properly before he left with Jiraiya to train. It was due any time now, and she'd miss him greatly.

"Ushio! Hey!" Naruto called excitedly, waving her over. She grinned, running up to him. 

"Naruto! I missed ya!' she hugged him lightly, stepping back quickly. He told her about the missions he's been sent to lately, and she listened, nodding and commenting. They ordered (Miso Ramen for Naruto, and the first Tofu consisting ramen in his menu for Ushio), and chatted lightly.

"Ushio," Shikamaru suddenly entered the small restaurant.

"Yo, Shika," she greeted, slurping the ramen, lazily turning to watch their friend. 

"Tsunade summons the two of us to the office, I think we're getting a mission."

"Another mission together?" she asked with a playful glare, tousling her newly cut hair that had its end tickling her shoulders. "Again having to hear ya whine about having to cross a border with a troublesome woman and with a stupid scroll. My, my, that's troublesome."

"Stop making fun of me, troublesome woman. Come on already," the girl laughed, placing the money on the counter. 

"Sorry Naruto," she apologized, ruffling his hair with a warm grin. "Maybe next time."

Ushio sneezed, waiting at the gates. "A bunch of idiots, honestly."

Shikamaru, Chouji, Kiba and Akamaru, Ino and Lee were already there. 

"Is that everyone, Ushio, Shikamaru?" Chouji wondered, making the two shake their heads.

Just then, Naruto ran over, calling loudly.

"I'M HERE! SORRY I'M LATE! USHIO, WE'RE GONNA HANG OUT THEN!"

"Not exactly," she grinned. "I'm technically part of the squad being sent out, but I'm gonna go to the Sand village later, and..."

"And?"

"Well, you're sent to help them, I'm sent to investigate about their purpose and why they are after the Jinchuriki of Shukaku, joining the Sand Siblings on their mission rather than as reinforcements." Ushio explained, making the group look at her. "You know, the village has your sake in our mind too, Naruto," she gave him a warm smile, and his eyes widened in shock.

"You-- you know?"

"Know what?" she asked innocently, winking. "Alright then, let's head out!"

But why would things go as she planned with the Leaf Genins?

And thus, they delved in a conversation about the team her and Shikamaru assembled.

Ushio sighed.

A long day would it be, wouldn't it?

"Ushio, wouldn't it be better if you head out to meet the rest?" Shikamaru asked as they finished going over the strategy. 

"I'm already there, Shikamaru," she raised her hands in the release sign, smiling. "Are you sure you don't need me here?"

He grinned; of course it was a clone. "Sure, go ahead. We'll meet you later."

"See ya," she puffed away in smoke, leaving the group standing at the gates a moment more.

"Ushio!" Sakura's voice called, making the Chunin in the group turn to them. "We're getting closer to the border, what should we do?"

"Go ahead in couples, Shino and Hinata, Neji and Sakura. Hinata and Neji, stay alert with your Byakugans, I'll send a water clone with each of you once I'll give you the order."

"And you?"

"I'm to join the Sand Siblings the moment I find them."

"So who is the squad leader?" Neji asked.

"For now, me. Once I leave, you're gonna be in pairs. You know the orders, obey them while causing least damage to yourself. If things come down, I trust all of you enough to come to your own smart decisions." Ushio sensed Kankuro's familiar chakra, and grinned lightly. She took out the scroll from her flak jacket, cutting herself with the little needle she inserted to all of her summoning scrolls. "Summoning!" she summoned water, and before they could drop the ground, she did the hand signs reserved for the Mist village that she's learnt from Kakashi. "Water clone!"

Two Ushio's materialized in front of their eyes, and she grinned at them. "One with Neji and Sakura, one with Shino and Hinata. Protect them at all costs," the two nodded.

"Shouldn't you use a Shadow clone? They'll have more chakra to protect them." Ushio shook her head.

"It's much too hard for me physically, you two will have to be enough. I'm off, guys." Ushio turned to watch where the siblings were. "Move ahead a few more kilometers-- seven point seventy two kilometers, then separate. See ya!"

The Genins nodded, watching as Ushio's muscles tensed, leg pushed back slightly. She shot off, disappearing from sight in 4.18 seconds.

Sakura once more watched her leaving her behind. The pinkette shook her head; not for long, she assured herself.

Soon, they'll be walking together at the same pace. She promised herself.

Heroes [Naruto]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara