13 ; SQUARED ROCKS ☼

Ushio sat peacefully on the railings, wind blowing through her hair that was free, as she placed her headband on her neck that day. The leaves were blowing through the wind, some getting stuck in her hair for a short moment before it blew them away again.

She sat down to rest before joining her loud team, but somehow, she didn't feel like getting up anymore.

Wouldn't it be nice if the world just stopped at that moment? When she was still a Genin, when she still hadn't fucked up too badly? 

When she was still just a nobody?

"Isn't it peaceful?" She asked as Shikamaru neared her, keeping her eyes shut for a few moments more. Shikamaru sighed, joining her.

"Yeah." he mumbled, "kind of like being a cloud."

"How easy life must be as a cloud, huh?" she wondered. "Drifting away slowly, letting the wind take them wherever, not having to face troublesome people..."

"Oi, Ushio, you're starting to sound like me," Shikamaru teased, making her look at him.

"Oh," she seemed surprised, "you're right!" at her freaked out face, Shikamaru laughed lightly.

"You're not as troublesome as most people, you know?"

"That is probably the nicest thing you've ever told me," Ushio laughed at her friend, who rolled his eyes. "Well, I'll be off before I'm even more late than my teacher."

"Alright, see ya later."

Ushio walked off slowly, savoring the calm. As she got closer and closer to the bridge, the noise grew louder and louder. 

"USHIO! YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura and Naruto yelled loudly.

"I don't see Kakashi," she stated flatly.

"But we said seven a.m.!" 

Ushio looked at three of her teammates flatly, "I just don't see why you all still get here on time. Isn't it obvious that Kakashi will always be late?"

"What if he isn't?!" Sakura shot back. Ushio deadpanned.

"Wishful thinking," was all Ushio said, sitting down. Sasuke had to admit she had a point.

"Yo!" Kakashi called happily, making the four turn to him. "How're you guys doing?"

"Good--" Ushio was about to reply, when both Sakura and Naruto started yelling at Kakashi. Even Sasuke looked pissed off, while Kakashi and Ushio kept a flat look on their face, allowing them to rumble.

"Are you done yet?" Ushio wondered after a while.

"No!" Sakura fumed, "but let's start with the missions."

"You said it!" Ushio said happily, standing up swiftly. 

"Oh, Ushio, did you get the paper I've given you yesterday?"

"Oh, right, almost forgot," she smiled at Kakashi, handing him the paper. The smile didn't reach her eyes, as though she hoped he would never ask. He scanned the paper quickly with his eyes, before nodding with a smile.

"Great, I'll give it to the Hokage, and then it's official."

"Okay, thanks!"

"Then let's head out."

Ushio yawned as she followed behind her team through the woods, on their way back to their meeting place, where they would also depart.

"I can't believe I taught you that," Kakashi sighed, as he looked at Ushio's tired posture.

"But that's easier for me," she waved off. "It takes a lot of Chakra, but I have more time to do everything. Right now, a water clone is helping my dad, a shadow clone is training with Asuma's clone on wind techniques, and another is doing taijutsu with Gai's team."