Nevermind

"Chibi-chan!" Came a smug shout as I walked to skating the next week, my skates dangling from my hand by the laces.  My first week hasn't been to awful, Iwaizumi made sure I didn't get lost too many times and let me sit with him and Oikawa at lunch. He was honestly becoming a good friend.

"What, Oikawa?" I sighed

"So mean, I just wanted to say hi" he pouted "you going to figure skating?"

"Yeah" I answered. In all honesty, Oikawa had become my friend too, even if our personalities clashed on occasion I knew he was a nice guy somewhere under his ego.

"Can I come watch?" He asked

"Nope" I deadpanned

"Why nooot?" He whined

I just chuckled "cause I said so" he smiled at my soft laugh 

"Fine, I'll catch you after - gonna try convince Iwa to buy me snacks" he grinned

"I'm sure he'll go for that" I laughed, Oikawa's eyes widened at me letting off such a breezy laugh. Something I rarely did around him.

"Yeah" he smiled "you know, you're kinda cute when you smile"

"Gonna have to stop smiling then" I rolled my eyes "I'll see you later, Oikawa"

"Bye, Maki-chan!" he grinned and I just sighed as I pushed open the gym door for the practice, the cold air hitting me instantly. I frowned as I saw them all pushed up against the window.

"It is Oikawa-senpai" one of the first years spoke and I rolled my eyes - walking over to where our team captain - Tomoko was looking at them with raised eyebrows. As she tied her skates.

"Seriously, what's the deal with that guy?" I asked her "I mean he's good looking but he's not carved out of marble"

"Don't get me started" she sighed, I knew there was a tiny bit of beef with her and Oikawa since he'd stolen the bigger gym for the boys practices and we'd been put into the tiny rink "Oi! Time for warm ups!" the first years scurried away from the window in fright at Tomoko's "scary" voice as I headed to get changed in the locker rooms.

x

"Gorgeous, Maki-san!" Tomoko said as I felt my knee joint crack as I stood up from an awkward twirl, my skates spraying ice. 

"Thanks, Tomoko-san" I breathed as I stood up. my breath condensed in front of me. I frowned as I noticed the first years had stopped practising and were all staring at the door, I turned round to see Oikawa standing there - Iwa behind him shooting me apologetic looks. I groaned and turned back.

"Alright, line up!" Tomoko said and we all glided over for her to give our daily inspirational talk. Even if figure skating was a sport where you skated alone - there was a sense of team work. Each year at the start of the year there were inter high competions. Each school had three contenders for nationals - one from each year. Honestly we practices hard to succeed but in the end we wanted our school through - so we supported each other. The girls were giggling and watching Oikawa as he sat smirking at me on the bleachers. They all looked in jealousy as I skated off the rink, walking over to him awkwardly in my skates, not pausing to slap him round the ear.

"Ow!" he pouted and I heard gasps from the girls and Iwaizumi choked a laugh out.

"I thought I said don't come" I put my hands on my hips

"You were taking ages, so we came to get you" he grinned "Iwa-chan's buying us popsicles!" I looked round Oikawa to raise my eyebrows at him. He sighed and shrugged.

"Alright" I rolled my eyes, let me change

"Love the leg warmers by the way" he smirked and I looked down at my pink leg warmers which Nishinoya and Tanaka had vandalised with cat faces. I didn't respond as I turned on my heel to stalk into the locker room.