I Could Be Nothing But a Memory to You

"Happy Birthday baby." I heard whispered into my ear as lips kissed my ear then neck and down my chest. I opened my eyes to see my boyfriend hovering over me. I pushed him away, not in the mood so early in the morning, before sitting up. I went to stand up but he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me back onto the bed, "Leah, come lay with me." Chase whined, pulling me close to him. I wiggled out of his arms, annoyed. I sat up again and looked at him. His dark blonde hair fell into his light blue eyes and he smiled, showing off his perfect straight white teeth. "Chase, I have to pee." I said, jumping up and pulling his shirt and my underwear on before walking into the bathroom. After I went to the bathroom I brushed my teeth and looked into the mirror. My long red hair was a mess and my blue-gray eyes were tired. I had worked late the night before and Chase had kept me up late so I didn't get to sleep until almost two.

I tied my hair back into a messy ponytail and walked back into the bedroom where Chase was laying with just his boxers on. "So how does it feel to be 21?" Chase questioned while stretching. "Same as it did to feel 20." I told him going around the room and picking up his clothes. "Chase, why do you have to be such a slob?" I asked, annoyed. I was tired of feeling like I had a toddler, when I wasn't working or in class I was picking up after, making food for, and taking care of Chase. "Oh baby, I'm sorry, just come lay down with me, it's your birthday, relax." he instructed.

I sighed, "Chase, I can't relax, I have to clean the house before I head to work, I have to go in early today, my boss said something about a meet and greet, CD signing thingie with a band today." I said as I finished picking up all his clothes and throwing them in the hamper.It annoyed me that Chase could just be so lazy all the time but what could I expect from a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth? His parents were rich and paid for everything and he worked for his daddy, which meant that he would never get fired no matter how many times he was late or skipped work.

I loved Chase though and his family too. His parents loved me and thought I would be able to change him but I highly doubted this, Chase was set in his ways. His sisters loved me too, they weren't my first choice of friends but we hung out every once in a while to please Chase. "Chase, can you please clean the house today? I need to get ready for work." I said before running into the bathroom and turning the shower on. I showered quickly and got out, wrapping a towel around myself. When I walked out into our room Chase was in the same position I had left him in. I groaned before pulling on underwear and a bra, "Chase, I'm serious, get up!" I shouted, getting even more annoyed.

Chase sat up and watched me rush around, slipping on jeans and my blue work shirt. I sat on the bed to slip on my socks and sneakers and Chase came up behind me, kissing my neck. "Chase, cut it out, god, you piss me off sometimes! I know you do whatever you want but I need to go to work." I said, standing up and going into the bathroom. I brushed my hair quickly and then tied it up before walking out to the living room, grabbing my hoodie and slipping on my bracelets. "Leah, that's not fair, I don't do whatever I want and you don't need to go to work." he said. "Chase, yes I do, and I'm serious, clean this house today, that can be my birthday present!" I said before running out of the room. Chase followed me, "Baby bu-" I turned around, "No butts Chase, I'm serious, clean the house or you can sleep on the couch," I turned to look at it and it was covered in blankets and clothes, "that's if you can find it of course." I said before grabbing my keys off the hook by the door and running out.

I walked down the stairs and outside into the rain. I threw my hood on and ran to my car. I was so glad that I had taken my finals a week ago and I was off for the summer, I didn't think I could take school on top of this day. I started the car and pulled out of my spot, driving off. It was an unusually cold and drizzly day for the end of June in my beautiful town of Tallahassee, Florida. I drove for a good 20 minutes until I reached my job's parking lot and parked in the back. I shoved my keys in my pocket before putting on my hood and sprinting out of the car and into the store. As I was running by I saw a large line of teenage girls with ponchos and umbrellas waiting outside already.