Sparks in the Sky

"Aren't those sky rockets? Please tell me this is a joke."

"Does it looked like a joke? I'm sure you've seen fireworks but have you tried setting them off yourself? You're gonna try lighting these babies up. It's so much fun! "

"That's not the point! What if the cops came? I don't wanna be arrested!"

"I've set this off so many times babe. And look, I'm here perfectly fine. The cops wouldn't care less."

"Really......?"

"Yupp. So just follow my lead alright?"

"Okay?" Why am I having an uneasy feeling about this? 

We kept walking till a plot of land just behind some trees came on sight.

"This is it girls! Are you ready?"

"I guess so?"I said while feeling worried sick. On the other hand, Amber was grinning from ear to ear, appearing to be very excited about it.

"Come on bro. Help me out a bit." The set up were ready and the boys handed us each a matchbox. 

"On the count of 3 we'll be lighting these together okay?"

"1......2......" Anxiety was building up inside of me. 

"And......3!"

I struck the match against the box with shaky hands and looked at the flame that started glowing on the stick. I put out my hand and lit the fuse.

"Now back off!" Tyler pulled my arm while stepping backwards. We watched as the rockets shot up into the sky before it exploded into colourful fireworks in the next instance. Boom pow pow. He hugged me from behind as he rested his chin on top of my head. I beamed and enjoy the fireworks with me being in his arms. It was picture perfect. 

I turned my head over to Amber and you'll never guess what I'm seeing. Rodrick had his hands covering her ears while he stood behind her smiling sweetly. I didn't know Amber was afraid of fireworks exploding. And I'm 100% sure she's blushing like mad right now.

All of these soon came to an end when the siren could be heard from a far distance. OH MY MOLLY ROLY POLY. Flashing red and blue lights were nearing. A wave of panic washed over my face and I was as pale as a ghost. I didn't even realised how fast my heart was racing. I could be put behind bars. I'm so sorry Mum and Dad. This may be the last time you'll ever see me.

"Last one to the car is a rotten egg! Come on Winnie! RUNNN!" 

"Wh-at?!"

Tyler grabbed my hand as we made a run for it. I ran as fast as my legs could take me and didn't dared to look back once. Fearing that if I did, the cops would see me and they'll start giving chase. What have I gotten myself into? We dashed through narrow spaces and took several shortcuts. Where's the car even?! Oh the car! As we're about to reach the car, Rodrick and Amber overtook us. They placed their hand on the door and cheekily said,"Rotten eggs! HAHAHA!"

I was at lost for words while panting from all the running. How can they be so happy after what happened? WE ALMOST GOT ARRESTED. WHAT THE FISH FINGERS. Do they even know the consequences? I glared at Tyler while getting in the car as he turned the keys. 

"Do you know your looks can kill?" I raised a brow at him.

"Alright sorry, okay?"

"Don't be too hard on my bro, Winnie. By the way, it was his idea."

"BRO! I thought you were on my side?!"

"Don't blame him Winnie. Your boyfriend was just trying to make this date fun. Touch your heart, you did enjoyed this right?"

"Hmmm well, Amber......" Thinking about it, I actually did enjoyed myself. The movie. The fireworks. I meant that never in my life have I ever been involved with the cops. It was a pretty close call experience for me. 

"Fine. You've got me good. Thank you for planning all these."

"Your welcome babe. And I hoped you're not being sarcastic about it hahaha."

"Maybe I am."I jokingly said as I leaned my body closer to Tyler. 

"Oh really?"he said while having his face mere inches away from me.

"Ahem! Excuse me. We're still here. If you two wanna be lovey dovey, don't do it in front of us okay? Get a room or something please."

"Why not you get a room with Rodrick, Amber?"I looked back and smirked.

"Winnie Miller!!"

"Actually I would love to. Don't you Amber?"Rodrick said as he gave a wink to her. 

"Nice one Rodrick hahaha!" We all burst out laughing as I high-fived him. Except Amber who just sat there, rolling her eyes.

"Hide guys!" Tyler cut off the engine and we got down low in the car. 

"Shhh be quiet and don't move. It's the cops again,"Tyler whispered. Red and blue lights flickered as it approached our car. My heart was at my throat. A bead of cold sweat trickled down my forehead as I swallowed hard. I held in my breath while covering my mouth with both hands, frightened to even breathe and utter a sound. I thought we were over with the cops. But I guessed, I shouldn't be happy too early. As soon as the cops drove past us, I let out the air that I've suppressed long enough. 

"It's safe now." Everyone breathed a collective sighed of relief. I placed my hand over my heart. Ba boom ba boom. It was still pounding really quickly. I think I've just lost 10 years of my life. We dropped Amber and Rodrick off first before deciding to head home. The car decelerated and came to a stop right in front of my house.

"I guess......it's goodnight then?" I pulled the door handle, preparing to step a leg out. But Tyler had grasp my arm, gently tugging me back into the car. Slam and click. The doors were locked. I was purely confused right now. 

"You forgot something babe......"

"Did I? Was it my keys? What is it?"

"This." He caught me by surprise with a sudden kiss on my lips. I stared at him blankly for a few seconds before registering it in my brain. 

"You sneaky......little......" He caught me off guard once again with another pecked on the lips. 

"Why do you keep doing this?"I giggled.

"Cause I love your reactions. And most importantly, I love you."

"Did you had honey or something?"

"Nope. But I would love to be your honey."

"If Amber was here, I think she would've just committed suicide to this cringe worthy comment."

"If that's the case, she would've died more than a thousand times. Million times maybe?"

"But really, Winnie. I have something to discuss with you."

"Yeah? What is it?"

"My parents are flying back today. So......I was wondering if you're free tomorrow night? I would like you to meet them and we could've dinner at my place." I froze in my seat.

"Babe......? Hello?"

"Oh right. Errr......"

"I know it's a bit abrupt. I could change it to another day to go with you."

"No no! I mean I'm fine with the day. Just that......I'm a little nervous just thinking about it. What if they don't like me?" He put his hand on my face and caressed it.

"Silly. Why wouldn't they? They'll totally fall in love with you, like how I did. But theirs not in a romantic way of course." I smiled faintly.

"So I'll take that as a yes okay?" I nodded.

"Woooo you're the best babe!"he said as he land another kiss on my lips. So much was going through my mind. Meeting his parents......nothing could go wrong right? Just a meal and some talking to get to know one another better. You can do this Winnie.