My New Tablemate

Just as I was about to enter the class, I caught a glimpse of Tyler walking this way. Crossed fingers. I hope he doesn't......uh oh he's walking straight here......he's getting nearer......crap.

He gives me a clueless look before going into class. I guessed I was practically looking at him in stun the whole time just now. Talk about awkward. Omg what if he thinks I like him. That won't happen right?

"Let's go in Winnie! Come on don't just stand there,"

Amber tugged me on my shirt and dragged me in by my arm. Scanning the room there wasn't any seats left expect......the seat right beside THE BAD BOY and another empty seat that is in front of him. Okay think Winnie think. Where shall I sit? On second thoughts, why should I be thinking even? I should pick the seat in front of him so I wouldn't have to talk to him. That's right.

Before I could get there, Amber had beat me into getting that seat and sticked her tongue out at me playfully. Just then the teacher walks in and points at me, "You! Yes you. Go to your seat now. Okay class, I'm Mrs Butterscotch your Maths teacher." Unwillingly, I dragged my feet and walked towards the seat right beside Tyler. I took my Math book out and slumped in my chair. I signed.

"Did you say something?"

I turned my head and Tyler was just looking at me with one brow arched up waiting for my answer. This was my first time looking at him right in the eye. I started to tense up. His eyes were aquamarine blue. His hair was brown and it looked so smooth to run your fingers through it. Maybe smoother than mine. His lips looked kind of soft and I'm sure lots of girls would want to be kissed by him. Besides, I'm sure he has dated many girls and have locked his lips with them or something.

"Errr......you there?"

Oh crap. "Errr no! I mean yeah......," I said while trying not to sound shaky and panicky. Why is he talking to me? I felt my cheeks starting to heat up. I cupped my cheeks and faced the front in embarrassment. Did I mentioned? I'm a bit shy when it comes to talking with people especially guys. And most times, I would be stuttering and sort of blush. Then I heard a soft chuckle. Did Tyler just laughed at me? Or am I just hearing things? Maybe I've gone mad.

After a while, Tyler leans into my ear and whispered, "Why were you staring at me just now at the hallway? I'm a bit curious. Perhaps do you......" I could feel the smirk at the end. He sure is having fun teasing me. But literally with these words, I felt a static-like sensation. I inched away from him and without facing him I mustered enough courage to answer back coldly.

"No. Can you face the front instead of staring at my side view?"

"Oh a good girl with an attitude I see......I like that."

What the actual fish fingers......did he just said he like that? Typical bad boys. Internally, I rolled my eyes. When will this lesson end? Can't wait to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Class dismissed. Remember to do your math homework!"

I packed my stuff and before I get to walk away from my desk, Tyler pulled me by my wrist. Seems like what it happens in the movies/dramas isn't it? It's not. I spun round and before facing him I slipped. As I was about to hit the ground, a strong arm gripped my waist and pulled me towards his warm chest. Of course it was none another than Tyler, who was holding me in his arms and smirking at me. Our lips were centimetres left till touching. I pulled away not knowing what to do next. He stood there still smirking and asked,"Wanna join me for a drink with my friends?"

"No!"

Before he could say anything else I pulled Amber who was still in shock of what happen out of class quickly and speed walked towards my locker. My heart was still racing. What on earth just happened?

"What was that all about Winnie? Omg does Tyler the bad boy likes you?"

Amber smiled gleefully while jumping up and down from her spot excitedly.

"No he doesn't! Look Amber, I have nothing to do with him. Neither do I want to. We're just purely classmates!"

"Or are you the one who likes him?"Amber asked, still giving that cheeky face.

"NOOOOO!"

Oh fish fingers I'm a bit too loud. Now everyone in the hallway is staring at me like I'm a lunatic. I rushed out of school with Amber following closely behind.

"Wait up Winnie! I'm just joking! Don't be mad at me......"

I stopped in my tracks and turned round facing Amber who's giving me the puppy look now. Oh how could I ever get mad at my bestie.

"Come here you lil pup. Let's go home."

At the corner of my eyes, I saw Tyler with his squad leaving happily together in a black car. Argh I hate boys.