{Chapter 6} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

Start from the beginning

“Ugh... Why do they always have to be like this...” You muttered. “I’ll see you later guys... except for you Kakashi.” You smiled sweetly as he smirked.

“Oh I think you’ll see me around too.” He chuckled as you ran after Adira and Takeshi.

You twirled your pigtails as you, Adira and Takeshi sat on a bench, waiting for Genma to finish speaking with whoever the person he was speaking towas.

“Ugh... Why does Kakashi have to be so damn hot...” You grunted and crossed your arms. Takeshi made a noise and turned his head, crossing his arms and looking the other way. Adira laughed and tugged on your pigtail.

“Well he’s not the only one you think is hot, huh Shizuri? Tell me who else you’re attracted to.” She laughed evilly and you squinted at her. Last time she did this, you and Iruka ended up dating. And you couldn’t even not tell her because she would force it out of you by embarrassing you in front of every single guy you passed. You sighed and looked at you twin sister in annoyance.

“Well...” You started and Takeshi slapped his hand over you mouth from the other side of Adira.

“I do NOT want to hear this.” He glared at Adira.

“Oh c’mon! Just because you can’t get Temari to date you doesn’t mean Shizuri can’t date anybody!” Adira yelled in his face. H took his hand off your mouth and sat in his original position. Arms crossed and looking the other way. Adira snickered and looked back at you. You were zoned out and staring across the street at the sand sibling that just happened to be going into the store there. You tilted your head, looking at Kankuro and he waved at you with a smirk on his face. Adira smirked and waved them over.

“Hey!! Guys! Over here!” She yelled and your eyes went wide.

“Adira!!” You yelled, tackling her over the bench and into the bush behind it. “What the hell!? He’s the last person I want you to set me up with! Besides! He’ll just play me like a puppet! He is not the dating type.” Your voice was a harsh whisper and Adira snickered again.

“So you are attracted to him!” She whispered a little loud and you covered her mouth.

“Wha- Your attracted to me huh??” Your eyes widened as you turned slowly to see Kankuro’s head poking through the bushes. He was smirking and your eyes narrowed while your head turned slowly to face Aira again. She was smiling wide and you grabbed the front of her shirt shaking her.

“WHAT THE HELL DID I TELL YOU!? THATS IT!!” You dragged her out of the bush and held her in front of her. “Time to confess your love for Gaara!!” You pushed her over to the red haired sand ninja who was just standing there in front of the bench. She stood awkwardly frozen in front of him as he just raised his eyebrow at her. Kankuro stood beside you and laughed quietly. You looked at him and smirked at your accomplishment.

“Good job there Shizuri. That was actually really funny.” He stated and you just crossed your arms in all your self glory. “But... I think you might have a little problem...” Kankuro stuck his finger out slightly to point at a fuming Adira. Your face dropped and you looked to the side with blue lines above your head.

“I’m gonna kill you!!” Adira yelled and tackled you to the ground.

“What!? It’s your own freaking fault!! Maybe you should stop setting me up!!” You yelled back. You were both punching each other and rolling around in the ground. Dust started to kick up and you were both lost in the cloud. Everybody’s eyes went wide and Takeshi was yelling.

“Guys please stop!!! You’re sisters!!! You’re not supposed to fight like this!!!!” He looked like he was about to cry.

“Alright. Enough.” You all heard somone say and all of a sudden both you and Adira were lifted up by the back of your shirts. You both looked over and say Genma sensei holding the two of you up and a frown on his face. “I thought I could trust you guys alone for 10 minutes. Apparently not.” He dropped both of you on the ground and dusted off his hands. “Now you two better smarten up because tomorrow morning is the second exam and you’re gonna have to work as a team. Not against each other.” And with that he sat down on the bench with his eyes narrowed at you and your sister. You looked at each other and back at Genma. You sighed.

“I’m sorry Adira... I shouldn’t have blurted out your secret like that.” Adira blinked.

“I’m sorry I said that you were attracted to Kankuro in front of him.” You both looked at each other and smiled. You may fight every once in a while but you were still the best of friends. You both stood up and smirked, looking at Genma. He raised his eyebrow.

“You thinking what I’m thinking Shizuri?” Adira muttered.

“Sure am.” You snickered as you both grabbed Genma’s vest, lifting him up off the bench.

“What are you two doing!?” He yelled as you both laughed maniacally.

“Oh... just payback.” You smiled sweetly. Adira and you dragged Genma over to the bridge that was right there.

“You look hot Genma. Maybe you should cool off.” Adira laughed and you smiled wider.

“Wha-!?” He started and you both threw him over the side of the bridge into the river. You both burst out laughing and Adira put her arm around your shoulders.

“Good job Shizuri.” She smirked.

“You too Adira.” You laughed as everybody stared at you two. Kankuro eyed you suspiciously as you stood beside him while Adira sat down on the bench. Gaara sat beside her and Takeshi was talking with Temari, actually acting normal for once.

“So do you and Adira usually do things like that?” Kankuro turned to face you. You looked up at him and nodded, smirking. He smirked back and leaned forward so his face was hovering over your shoulder. “I knew you found me attractive.” He snickered as you rolled your eyes.

“So what? Maybe I do find you attractive.” You said flatly then looked at Kankuro through the corner of your eye with a sly smile. “It’s not like you have a chance with me anyways.” Kankuro backed up and raised his eyebrow.

“What makes you say that?” He actually seemed affected by what you said. You smirked and turned your head to face him.

“Oh. You just don’t have what it takes.” Kankuro slowly closed his mouth, with his eyes still glued to your face. His mouth took the shape of a sneer and he was right in front of your face, so your noses were almost touching.

“Oh-ho.” He chuckled slightly. “We’ll see about that.” He pecked your lips quickly and stood up straight. You raised your eyebrow at him and he turned around to leave with Gaara and Temari fallowing him. “See you around Shizuri.” He snickered while you crossed your arms sternly.

“Yeah. Sure.” You Smiled and turned around. Adira, Takeshi and a soaking wet Genma were standing there staring at you with wide eyes.

“Umm... What just happened..?” Adira blinked and muttered slowly. You tilted your head to the side, smiling slightly.

“Oh. The game has officially begun.” You smirked and Adira’s jaw dropped. Takeshi and Genma still stood there confused as you and Adira started to walk away. Takeshi and Genma looked at each other and shrugged, fallowing you and your sister to discuss tomorrow mornings events.

“Well this should be fun.” You muttered as Adira watched you with a smug look on her face.

“Be careful Shizuri. Kankuro seems to be the type who like playing games. And,” She had her hand out with the palm up, “I think he will go to anything to win it.” She put her hands back in her pockets. You shrugged.

“I wont let it get too serious. Who knows, maybe we’ll become best friends. That’s what happened when we tested this game, remember?” Adira nodded as you both thought of Sasuke. “Well. What happens, happens. We still got each other.” You smiled as Adira nodded in agreement. Your thoughts swirled in your head as you all approached your apartment. ‘This is what you wanted Kankuro. Good luck’