Chapter Two

Nae'Zarri

Walking the cold New York below two degree weather streets Zaria had been crying non-stop. I don't have much money too feed her having no other option but to breast feed. It's been two days since my sorry sad excuse of a mother put me and Zaria out. If only anyone knew how hard it was I had nothing at all literally nothing and it's hurting my heart.

Looking up at the building making my way inside.  I reached the shelter walking in luckily the lady up front was nice enough. Getting my cot I laid the throw over blanket on the cot making sure I kept me and Zaria's belongings close by.

I was able to bathe Zaria as she was still hollering but soon she was asleep. It felt good to have my baby all cleaned up and myself , I was indeed tired I had been walking for two days. In the middle of the night I could hear Zaria's small cry's turning over I placed her on my chest. I didn't have the energy to cry anymore or even think any longer about this because it all stressed me out.

Waking up the next morning I could here numerous amount of other children crying from other women. I couldn't just sit and lay here I had no choice but to go and find a job quick. Every where I looked mentioned to me that they had enough young workers and needed workers that could close and it was against child labor law if I closed.

The only option up was "Pole City" a strip club that didn't care how old your ass was in as long as your bringing money in. Of course I thought long and hard about it but what else was there to do ? I had a child thats depending on me.

"Hey, hey who sent you ?" The man with a small beard dressed very nicely asked as he stopped me.

"I need a job. I won't say anything" I assured him he scanned over my body making me uncomfortable after leading me to some sort of office. The smell of sex, expensive perfume, and weed hit my nose making me cringe. "Strip" He demanded making my body stiffen up as I just looked back at him not saying anything.

"You want the job or not lil girl" Shifting his eye towards the stacks of money that sat on the table. Hesitantly removing my shirt he smirked then my pants he got up walking over to me. "Turn around" He spoke softly as I did as he asked. "I'll see you tomorrow night at seven. Nothing later" He smiled revealing his top golds. Grabbing my cloths I put them back on as he handed be a duffle bag with very revealing outfits with tags on them.

"Thanks I mumbled"

"Yea. Don't let anyone else do that how old is you anyways ?" I ignored his question grabbing Zaria's car seat and walking back to the shelter. I definitely never thought I'd be doing this but who else did I have ? Who wake was going to make sure I was good?

I went back to the shelter and I was told the baby is keeping other people up at night, which confused me like hell I know that I was the only one with a new born but what about their children. Grabbing the trash bag full of our belongings I grabbed the car seat as I packed Zaria lord knows I would've been dead it if it wasn't for her I couldn't take any more of this.

Finally reaching a abandoned looking house, I wrapped Zaria in nearly every cover she had. Sliding down the side of it and held Zaria close to my chest tears filled but didn't fall. Not once did she wake up so I finally close my eyes scared of what would happen through the night but at this point I didn't care. With my deep thoughts I leaned my head against the wall closing my eyes letting my sleep take over.

Darius

"Come on man we got shit to do. Pablo don't care if we fucked up the bricks either way it go the man wants his money" Deonte said nothing as I stressed about the shit how did I fuck them up though ? I didn't understand. Leaving out the trap I stopped in my tracks when I seen a girl leaned up against of the building with a car seat and a baby held against her tight.