Chapter Five

Day 2/30

Kana smiled, clicking her pen closed as she looked at the small calendar that was placed on her nightstand.

Her phone rang from an alarm, a picture of her and Kagami from their day yesterday popping up as her lockscreen saver. Kana giggled, feeling the energy to get up in the morning, which was usually hard.

She opened up text messages to see that Taiga had texted her late last night and she was already dead asleep.

I had fun on our date today... Thanks.
01:36 AM

"Does he usually stay up that late?" Kana frowned. She began to reply to her boyfriend.

Good morning Taiga ^^ did you sleep well last night?
07:03 AM

Yeah stull a little tired though haha. Want me to  you lunch today..?
Not like I'm worried someone might steal your lunch or anything!!!
07:04 AM

If it isn't too much to ask for! Thank you so much Taiga o(ω' )o
07:05 AM

Its fine Kana. See you at school.
07:09 AM

"This is why I admire him so much..." Kana smiled, daydreaming about how Kagami looked as he made her lunch. It was an understatement to say that his food was good. It was delicious and there's no other way that Kana could describe it.

"Mom! Nee-chan is standing in the middle of her room smiling weirdly!" Kana's little brother, Hiiro, yelled to his mom.

"Hiiro! Nee-chan probably made friends!" Their mother squealed, running over. Kana snapped out of her trance with a blush.

"Nah, Nee-chan is too pretty for those guys. I bet she's looking at hentai or something." Hiiro stuck out his tongue and ran away.

"Hiiro! You're a fifth grader, how would you know what hentai is?!" Their mother screamed, making Hiiro lock himself in the bathroom. "That boy... Kana-chan, did something good happen?"

"Okaa-chan..." Kana said, getting fidgety. "Don't be mad but I have a b-boyfriend..."

Silence.

Kana was knocked over by her mother who screamed hallelujah. "Kana! Who is the lucky boy?!? Show me a picture of him!"

"He might be some weird skirt obsessed freak." Hiiro showed up in front of Kana's room while brushing his teeth.

Kana grabbed her phone and showed her mother and Hiiro a picture of Taiga.

"Oh my! He's so manly and handsome!" Kana's mother fangirled, hugging her daughter. "Good job daughter! I'm proud of you!"

Hiiro dropped his toothbrush in surprise. "NO WAY IS THAT KAGAMI TAIGA?!!??!! THE GUY WHO BEAT TOUOU'S AOMINE DAIKI?!??"

"E-Eh?! Hiiro, you know Taiga?" Kana asked in amazement.

"His team beat all the Kiseki no Sedai! They'll be going against Rakuzan's Akashi Seijuro in the Winter Cup finals!" Hiiro screamed, "Can I meet him?! Please Nee-chan!"

"Me too!" Their mother raised her hand.

"I-I can ask Taiga?" Kana agreed, making Hiiro and her mother fist bump and skip away.

"Nee-chan! It's already 7:30!" Hiiro yelled, making Kana spring up and trip of her own feet.

"I'm going to miss my train to school!" Kana exclaimed, rushing to brush her teeth and eat breakfast.