Chapter Two

Hey guys! Next chapter, sorry for the long wait :-)

Nicole's POV

I turned the last corner and came face to face with a blonde girl. My eyes widened and I grabbed my taser from where I had it in my pocket.

"Who are you?" I asked, after moving the dagger from my mouth, glaring at the blonde girl.

"I'm Parker." She answered. Her voice full of enthusiasm. "Who are you?"

I looked at her suspiciously before answering "Chloe Davis." I lied expertly. She looked me over as best as she could in the cramped air vent before wriggling backwards to the exit, beckoning me to follow her. I hesitated before slowly crawling after her. I watched silently as she slid her body gracefully out of the vents, me following closely behind, the dagger in one hand and my taser hidden from her sight in the other.

"Guys, I have the dagger but we have a small problem." She spoke quietly, I looked around and noticed that no one was there and she was talking to herself. "Not that kind of problem Eliot. I ran into someone whilst I was in the vents." She explained to someone. "The same reason that I was in them. Honestly Nate, you're meant to be the smart one." She said, her voice teasing. "She said her name was Chloe Davis." A short break with her nodding before she took something from her pocket and handed it to me. I took it and looked at it confused before she mimed putting it in her ear, I did so and was rewarded with a smile from her. "Okay, now what?" She asked, I jumped slightly when no heard a male voice answer.

"Wait there, we're coming now. Parker, guys, take your comms out I want to have a word with Ms Davis." I heard a chorus of okays and I saw Parker take one of the things out of her left ear. "Ms Davis. My name is Nate Ford. Is Chloe Davis your actual name or is it an alias?" He asked. " I'm not asking you to tell me your real name." He assured me. I sighed quietly before replying it is an alias. "Okay. So how old are you?" He asked me.

"Fourteen."

"And you stole the Dagger of Acu'abi?" He said, his voice giving off a slight trace of surprise.

"I had a bad day" I responded. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a man in a blue shirt walking quickly towards us. I took a step backwards away from the unknown man.

"I'm almost where you and Parker are. Will you be there when I get there?" He asked. My eyes widened in surprise.

"I have a choice to leave?" I asked sceptically.

"Of course you do." He sounded shocked. I looked at the new guy just as another man walked towards us. I took another step away from them when he stood next to Parker and the other guy. This one had a hat on and a black shirt on. I cautiously lifted the dagger up and put it on the ground before stepping away and towards the pathway, not turning my back away from them. I felt someone behind me so I turned slightly so that I was facing a woman with brown hair. I stopped when the guy in the hat picked up the dagger and began walking towards me.

"Nate, I think you shouldn't do that." Said the guy in the blue shirt.

"Your Nate?" I asked hesitantly. He nodded and stopped a few feet from me and offered the dagger back to me.

"You got it, you should keep it." He urged. When I didn't reach for it, he shrugged and put it on the floor before walking back to Parker and the other guy. "Sophie, Hardison come over here." I looked behind me and saw another guy standing beside the woman. They started to walk towards Nate. When they were a safe distance away from me, I walked towards the dagger and bent to pick it up, not taking my eyes away from the people watching me from ten feet away. I stood up and put the dagger in my bag and started to walk away from them.

"Nate! Can we keep her?" I heard who I assumed to be Parker whisper shouted.

"Parker, you can't just keep someone! She's fourteen, she'll be with her parents." The other women said, I stopped walking for a few seconds when I heard that before I turned the corner and lost sight of them. I got into a taxi and told the driver to go to a motel. I realised that I still had the ear thing. I took it out and put it in my pocket to keep it safe. The taxi pulled up to pavement and I paid him before leaving.

I booked a room and stayed there for the rest of the night. When I went to need, I put the ear thing in a draw and went to sleep.

The next morning, when I woke up, I had a shower and got dressed into a plain white tank top and a pair of ripped light blue skinny jeans. I put on a black beanie and a pair of black heeled ankle boots and grabbed my bag and walked outside.

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this update xoxo