Chapter 14

(Amy's POV)

After a while, Glen slumped down on the sofa next to us. He looked exhausted. That was another after effect of his surgery. We'd been told he'd get tired a lot easier than before.

"You alright?" I asked him, my voice lowered to avoid waking the snoring Mark next to me.

"Yeah." He groaned, easing himself over to me and resting his head on my shoulder. "You're shoulder's really comfy you know?"

I laughed silently and rest my cheek on top of his head.

"And do you know that your hair is really soft?"

He shuffled closer and wrapped his arms around me. I watched as his eyes gently closed. He hummed and then said something I never expected to hear him say.

"Love you Amy." He whispered, his breath evening out as he fell asleep.

(Danny's POV)

Hearing another set of gentle snores join Mark's, I figured it was safe to exit the cupboard I was hidden in. I walked into the room and immediately saw the shock on Amy's face.

"What's happened?" I asked, worried.

"Nothing. He just...he..." She stuttered, her gaze resting on Glen's peaceful face.

"Just what?" I asked again, sitting on the chair opposite them all.

"He loves me too." She whispered, so quite I wasn't actually sure I'd heard it correctly.

"He what?"

"He loves me too." She said again, louder this time, a huge grin appearing on her face. I grinned along with her.

"Well you do make a good couple." I laughed, looking at how close Glen was too her.

"Shut up." She giggled, looking back down at Glen, "How do I tell him I love him too? What if he didn't mean what he said?"

"Stop panicking, of course he did." I laughed, standing up to pat her on the head, "Why don't you tell him when he wakes up?"

"I...ok." She sighed.

"Good. Ready?"

"What? No Danny!"

"GLEN WAKE UP AMY WANTS TO TALK TO YOU" I screamed, flicking his face and running out of the room.

"YOU'RE IN FOR IT DANNY!" Amy shouted after me.

(Glen's POV)

"Huh?" I muttered, my eyes crashing open and resting on Amy, "What did you want?"

I rubbed my eyes, trying to wake myself up more.

"I just wanted to say that I..."

She was interrupted by the TV making a funny bleeping noise and switching over to the news.

"Oh God." She muttered, seeing the images flashing in front of our eyes. Her horror filled eyes turned onto me, while my eyes were filling to the brim with tears.

"He's escaped." I cried, looking at Amy, heart pounding with pure desperation. I flung my arms around her and hugged her so tight I was surprised she could breathe, "Amy, my dad's escaped."

A/N Setting it up for the last chapter hahaha A few left until I call it the end haha =) The idea for the sequel's getting better though so yeah =) Thanks for reading! x