Chapter 04- The Studio

(Danny's POV)

I sit in silence, watching Mark as he paces around the room, muttering under his breath.

"It was going to be a surprise." He turns around and paces to the other end of the room, "We were gonna play a song for his birthday...we needed a drummer didn't we?"

I sigh and look down at my hands. If Glen had given us time to explain....maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. I look up at Mark as the realization hits me.

"Mark..." I whimper, and he turns to look at me, tears glistening in his eyes, "The Script..."

A tear rolls down his face, "Finished." He chocked, "Gone. No more music, no more gigs..."

"No more fans." We both look at each other for a while before he comes and sits next to me on the sofa.

"We'll be ok." He mutters, more to himself than to me, "We'll find a way to sort this."

Just as I was about to say something, the door crashed open and I looked up to see a youngish girl carrying Glen into the room. Well I say carrying...more like half-dragging. He's a lot heavier than he looks!

"Don't just sit there, help me!" She screams and I quickly jump up, taking Glen off her and laying him on the other sofa.

"What the fuck happened?" Mark questions glaring down at the girl. I shove him out of the way.

"Be nice." I warn, and ignoring his glare, I turn to look back at the girl.

"What he said." I state, before turning to look at Glen.

"He was telling me about his sister and..."

"Hold up!" I cried, my gaze once again swinging back to her, "His sister?"

"Let her explain Dan." Mark whispers, his face creasing in worry, "I know what she's talking about."

I sigh. So I was the only one who had no idea what was going on...oh well.

"Ok, carry on."

She nods, "He was telling me about his sister and then he just stood up and went crazy. He said something like 'he should have killed me when he had the chance' and things. I tried to calm him down, I honestly did, but he just collapsed and I had no idea what to do, so I thought I to the studio in case you were here. And I'm glad you are."

I look at Mark, my body frozen in shock. "Wha...?"

"I'll explain later Dan." He turned and walked over to where Glen lay.

"I don't think you should be that close to him Mark." I whisper, and he looks up at me.

"Why not?"

"Cause he might still be mad at you, and I don't think it'll help him if you're next to him when he wakes up."

He sighed and walked back to the other end of the room.

"I guess you're right." He put his head in his hands. I think he was crying...I've never seen him cry before... My thoughts were broken when the girl decided to speak.

"Can I ask what made him so mad? I'm sorry if I'm being nosy, but he just looked so... angry  when I first saw him..."

"Well I'll tell you once I've found out your name, and how you came across Glen."

"Oh, ok." She smiled up at me. "My name's Amy, and I kinda met him at that clearing in the forest.

"Oooh...the forest. I should have known that's where he'd go. And hello Amy."  She laughed slightly, and then her face turned serious again.

"But now I need to know why he was so mad."

(Amy's pov)

He gulped and looked over at Mark before answering me.

"We were going to surprise him on his birthday and sing him a new song we'd written...but obviously we needed someone to play the drums and we couldn't ask him. So Mark decided he would try to get Ben to play them, because ben knows more than the rest of us, and he can play drums a bit. But then Glen Mark was repeating what Ben had just told him, bad timing if you ask me, it must have looked like Mark was teaching Ben the drums or something. Then last week, we all went back to Dublin, apart from Glen, but I swear I saw Mark text him, asking him to come with us. And he did reply, he said he was busy and wouldn't be able too.."

"Oh shit!" Mark shouted, "He got a fucking new phone didn't he? He gave his old one to his ex. Argh! Why didn't I fucking remember, I'm so dumb!"

Dan looked at Mark, shocked, then cleared his throat and continued his explanation,

"So we all went to Dublin, and since Glen couldn't come, we had a spare plane ticket, and we thought Ben could continue practising this song, so we invited him instead. Now when we saw Glen this morning. I told him it was a shame he couldn't come and stuff, and then he went mad, saying he wasn't and now..." He looked over at Mark who was muttering angrily to himself, "We know why. And then he brought up the Mark teaching Ben drums thing, and asked if we were trying to replace him. We couldn't tell him the truth, because it would ruin the surprise, and he probably wouldn't listen, so Mark just said he was, and Glen went mental. And then he quit the band."

Shocked, I looked up at Danny, who now had tears rolling down his face, and then down to the unconscious figure of Glen.

"Come on." I whispered, "let's wake him up."

Danny nodded, and walked into the kitchen, soon appearing beside me with a bucket of water.

"What's that for?" I asked, confused.

"To wake him up with." He shrugged before pouring the bucket over Glen.

"ARGH!" He scream split the air, as he sat up gasping for air. "What the actual fuck Daniel?" He glared at him, making even me squirm. Suddenly it all seemed to dawn on him. His gaze flickered over to Mark, who was still crying into his hands. His eyes turned to steel and he stood up, quickly walking towards the door.

"I'm leaving." He spat, causing Mark to glance up at him, his eyes puffy and red.

"Are you coming or are you staying Amy?" He asked, softer this time, but the edge was still noticeable.

"I..I.."

"She'll go with you mate." Danny said, pushing me gently towards the door, "I'll speak to you later."

At first, I thought he was talking to Glen, but while I followed Glen down endless streets, my phone buzzed, and I looked at the message.

'Hey Amy. I hope you don't mind but I got your number from your phone while we were talking. Just give me a text or a call if Glen does anything stupid. It was nice meeting you, thanks for helping him out. Danny x'

I smiled and put my phone away, king quicker to catch up with glen. I linked my arm with his and smiled up at him.

"So..What we gonna do today?"

A/N Well now we know what actually happened lol. I'm sorry if this was a bit y'know, but I needed to get back into it lol, haven't updated for a while. And can I just say, 100 reads already??? waaaaahhhhh???!!! That's mental haha xD That probably doesn't sound like a lot to some people, but that's like a realllllyy big number to me lol. So thank you all =D I'll go try update IYECB now =) Or not lol. I left my stupid book at home and I'd written the next chapter and everything =/ urgh, I can be so stupid some times xD I'll update tomorrow and that's a promise =)