Chapter 17: Taken (by One Direction)

When I open my eyes it is still dark in the room. Niall is asleep on my shoulder with his hand laying across my chest. I start to remember the conversation we had before we fell asleep. I can't believe I agreed to stay with him for the next week.

Across the room I hear my text message alert go off. I slide out of the bed ever so carefully so I don't wake Niall. Once I make it across the room I look at my phone to see it is 5am. I start to wonder who would text me so early then I realize the time difference. Back in Philly it's 8 am and everyone is up starting their day. I open my text message to see that it's Vinnie again. I take my phone into the bathroom and read his message.

VINNIE: Liv, Why won't you talk to me? I know what you are doing. You can't hide it.

I sit on the bathroom floor trying to figure out what he is talking about.  I don't owe him any explanation.  He is not part of my life anymore but I am intrigued with what he is talking about so I message him back.

OLIVIA: What do you mean?

VINNIE: I know you are in Chicago with your boy band boyfriend.

How does he know where I am?  Only Riley knows that I am here and no one on tour would know me enough to reach out to Vinnie.

OLIVIA: He is not my boyfriend and how do you know where I am?

VINNIE: It is all over the gossip sites that you were at the One Direction concert last night. There are pictures of some guy named Niall singing to you.

I can't believe there is another article already.

OLIVIA: Vinnie it is really none of your business where I am and who I am with.

VINNIE: I think it is. Especially when you left me because you didn't want to date a musician and now you are dating some member of a boy band that is much more famous than me.

OLIVIA Vinnie, I am not dating Niall.  I am just spending sometime with a friend.

It's five minutes before the next text comes through.

VINNIE I love you Liv. I want us back.

I feel a thud in my stomach.  There it is.  The words I was dreading to hear.  He still loves me. He loves me.  He loves me? The words keep running through my head. 

Before I have a chance to answer him or even properly process what he just told me, there is a knock at the bathroom door.

"Are you alright?"

Shit.  It's Niall.  I have one on the phone and the other knocking at the door. 

I tell him, "I am good.  I am  just looking for something to take for a headache."

I frantically start to look around the bathroom for something to take.  Niall opens the door and comes in the bathroom. He looks through his toiletry bag and pulls out a bottle of pain reliever. If I didn't have a headache before Vinnie messaged me, I sure do have one now. My mind is swirling with the thought of Vinnie still being in love with me.  It's a lot to take in.

Niall tells me, "We have a few more hours to sleep.  Let's go back to bed."

He pulls me back to bed, we lay down, and he is fast asleep laying next to me within a minute. I can't seem to fall asleep. All I can think about is my love life.  I am here with Niall having so much fun. I have made it clear that I don't know if I can give much more than a friendship and maybe with some benefits thrown in.  I am not with Vinnie and I shouldn't feel bad about what I am doing with Niall.  Vinnie is just trying to pull me back in because he sees someone else having an interest in me.  I knew running into him at the park was going to cause trouble in my life.  He wants what he can't have.  Who does he think he is?

Before I try to go back to sleep I go to the gossip site to find the pictures that Vinnie was talking about. I find an article...

                                                    Niall spotted singing to mystery girl in Chicago.

Who is Niall's new  female friend?  A source close to the band gives us some dirt on the situation. The 22 year old's name is Olivia and she is from Philadelphia, PA.  Niall tweeted a picture on July 3rd saying he was in Philadelphia, I bet that is when he met Olivia.  Since then they have been spotted together in  LA and Chicago.

  Since then they have been spotted together in  LA and Chicago

OMG.  There it is.  My name and where I am from.  I guess it is out there for all to see but there is one problem, I am not Niall's girlfriend.  I know no one will believe we are just friends because we are spending so much time with each other but it is the true.