Chapter 23

I held the baby close and Emmett stud by my side. Sam soon came into the room alone.

"Do not worry I'm here alone. I'm only here to make sure you're alive." He said.

"How do you expect us to believe you?" Emmett said.

"We have a deal for Riley. No one else." He said. I looked to Emmett and he nodded his head.

"What?" I ask but just as he opens his mouth the baby in my arms began to cry. I look down and rock him softly.

"He will live but if he takes a single human life then we will end him." Sam said coldly

"Over my dead body." I growl.

"Riley. This is the only chance you will have to keep us away." Sam said through his teeth. I could see he was getting angrier. "Just take the deal."

"Over. My. Dead. Body." I growl. Sam took a step closer and Emmett stud in front of him.

"Better keep an eye on that child of yours." Sam threatened. I looked down at the softly crying child. His eyes looked right up at me and I smiled, causing him to stop crying and to giggle.

"Is everything ok in here? I saw Sam storm out of here." Carlisle and Esme said as they walked in.

"I got to get back to Ren. If you need me call." Jacob said and I nodded. Leah walked out and stud by the door. Seth sat in the chair in the corner.

"May I hold him?" I smile up at Esme before handing her the baby. She smiled and began rocking the child. "What exactly will happen now?"

"I'm not sure. We don't even know if this child will need blood. If he does then he isn't going to be satisfied with animal blood." Carlisle said. "But right now everything's fine. What's his name?"

"We can't figure one out." Emmett chuckled.

"May I suggest Ethan?" I look over to the door and find Alice. I smile and she comes over giving me a hug. "So I have a nephew?" She asked.

"Ethan?" I ask.

"I like it." Emmett said sitting by me.

"I like it too." I smile. "Then that will be him name Ethan Michael Cullen." I say. Emmett smiled and gave me a quick kiss.

I have a feeling life will just get better from here on.