ARTICLE

This is USASports reporting and doing our next Q & A with Toronto Maple Leafs Number One overall draft pick Auston Matthews

This is USASports reporting and doing our next Q & A with Toronto Maple Leafs Number One overall draft pick Auston Matthews. Let's get started.

Q: Auston how excited are you to play with the Maple Leafs?

Im really excited to play for the Leafs. It's a huge honor for me. I'm definitely ready for a good season with Toronto.

Q: What is it like playing in front of Leaf fans at Air Canada Centre?

The environment at ACC is absolutely incredible. My first time playing at what i can now call my new home was during the World Cup of Hockey and the place was just electric.

Well when you scored your first goal during the WCOH ACC started chanting your name.

Haha. Yeah that was definitely special. ACC for sure made my first goal that i scored there very memorable. I won't ever forget that.

Q: Auston, how has it been having your parents and friends here supporting you while all of this is going on?

I love having them all here. My parents have been huge supporters since i got into hockey and i love them for that. Carlei and Myra have been my friends for four years and i love having them here for me. Especially Myra. She and my mom have always beem my number one fans so its great having her here as well.

Well Auston it was great talking to you today.

It was great to be here. Hopefully I will get to join you again sometime.

We will definitely have you with us again. Have a great first professional season Auston.