Dolls

Penny's POV:

"Hey girl! Glad you could come over!" I embraced Kayla with a big hug.

"And who is this little girl?" She asked, pointing to the 4 year-old girl on the couch.

Her head popped up and she smiled, running over to me and my best friend.

"I'm Reece!" Her blonde curls fell over her face and she giggled as she swept them back.

"Aww... aren't you adorable!" Kayla knelt down and smiled.

"Anyhoo, can you babysit her with me? My uncle is out of town and none of the other HQ members are answering their phones! She's a little troublemaker, ya know."

"Sorry Pen, I can't! I have a Zumba class starting in 10!" She looked over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I have to go. I don't want to be late! I hope you understand.."

"Ya, it's okay. I can handle this little monkey by myself."

Kayla turned to leave but then stopped.

"I think I might have something for you, Reece." She pulled out a sucker from her purse and handed it to her.

"Thank you Penny's friend!" She said and tucked it into her pocket.

Talon's POV:

I flopped onto the couch. I pulled out my bracer and searched for Penny's name on MySpyPlace and smirked.

She was babysitting a little girl named Reece.

I screenshotted the picture of the two and planned on hanging it on the wall along with the others.

I was scrolling through my feed when I heard a *ping*!

I reached across the coffee table and grabbed my phone.

New Message From SoonToBeBAE <3

I grinned at my nickname for her and opened the message.

Hey Talon, it's Penny. I don't know when you will get this but I kinda need help babysitting. No one in HQ is answering my texts. I know we are enemies and all, but can we call a truce?

Pretty Penny, I'll be there in 10. Can't wait!

She didn't even ask if I knew where she lived...

Penny's POV:

I didn't realize I was grinning from ear to ear until Reece pointed it out.

"Hello? Stop daydreaming Penny! I asked you a question!" Her sudden rudeness surprised me, and I think she was surprised too because she apologized.

"Wha?.. .What? Sorry I was reading a text. Whatsup?"

"Do you want to play Dolls?"

"Uhh.. yah sure! Did you bring some?"

She crawled off of the couch I was laying on and ran off.

She came back with four dolls in hand.

Talon's POV:

I threw on a shirt and flew out of the lair. Luckily, my uncle was a heavy sleeper.

...

I reached Penny's door in 8 minutes and 52 seconds, not that I'm counting, but that was a new record.

I knocked on her door and waited.

"Coming Tal!" A sweet voice shouted through the door.

My hand subconsciously combed through my hair.