Magnolia Ranch

We say our goodbyes to Avery and everyone I have met here at Horseshoe Riding Academy and we head home to reunite with Eliza and John and Jackson and Alexa and Coffee. Lexi even said that there was a new horse at home. I am so excited to meet them. 

____________

The roads start to seem familiar, the surroundings are in a way that I have seen before and here it is. My beautiful stables with Eliza and John waiting out front. The car is parked and the twins run out giggling and hugging their parents. The family stays there for awhile the twins are full of stories. When the family disperses Elizabeth comes over to let us out of the trailer. We are brought over to the pasture and let out it feels so good to be home. The twins show john their ribbons and then they go to hang them up outside our stalls. I spot a new face in our paddock and I head over to meet him. A strong Andalusian looks over to me and Asia then goes back to eating I notice another new horse standing near him. The young Andalusian makes her way over to us. "Hi my name is Rae that is Aaron we are new here." I look her up and down her brown coat is well groomed. "Are you guys new too." Rae asks us. "No we were just at a prestigious riding academy and boy is it good to be back." Asia answers her. I watch Aaron eat his brown coat shimmers in the sun and he looks up again and I shift to make it seem I wasn't watching him. I go back to Rae and we decide to have some fun. We gallop around the field and roll in the dirt. When we get tired I go to the big barrel of water and have a drink. I spot Alexa on the other side of the barn and a tall Jackson standing near her he has gotten so big. The end of the day approaches and Eliza comes to get us from the pasture. Alexa is already there she fills me in on what has happened in the last year. Jackson tells me how cool his new owner is and how Carlos is the best cross country rider ever. I roll my eyes and laugh Jackson has grown up to be a real nut. The night goes over well it feels good to be back in my own stall. 

____________

The sun rises and the fog files in making it hard to see the rolling hills of the pasture. Stable hands come in lazily and get to work. The food is put in my bucket as usual and I hear Eliza and John walking and talking through the middle of the stable. They come into view Eliza has got on her jeans and a purple plaid shirt while John has his old jeans and a t-shirt. Eliza stops in her tracks and turns John so she can feel his forehead with the back of her hand. "Are you shure you feel alright." Elizabeth questions him "I already told you I'm OK." Eliza shrugs a worried look still on her face but they continue their conversation. They walk down the barn a few steps more when this time John freezes he stands hands on his knees. John's face turns pale and he collapses in the dirt of the barn floor.