Chapter Thirty-Six: Our Future

Start from the beginning

I nodded and walked into one of the dressing rooms. I closed the curtain and examined the box. It was white and was collecting a little bit dust, probably for sitting in the back for several months.

Gripping the sides, I carefully lifted the lid. I looked at it and approved of the color. I took the dress and finally let it out of its box.

Beautiful was a way to put it lightly. The dress was perfect, from the top up to the very hem, it was the one I wanted to wear to my last dance with Drew.

*

*

*

“You look happy,” Jazzy commented when I got home, bouncing with happiness as I clutch the paper bag containing the dress that I bought.

“You bet!” I grinned, following her into the kitchen.

“By the way, your parents left for the airport when you were gone,” she informed, handing me a steaming cup of tea.

I just nodded in recognition before making my way to my room. I took a sip of my tea and opened my bedroom door.

Truth to be told, it was I was fairly used to my parents’ disappearance. The upside was, they promised that they would be there for my graduation.

I felt a crunching sound when I stepped inside and I looked down to see that I stepped on some envelopes.

I scooped down to pick them up then I sat on my desk, placing down my mug. I took my letter opened from one of the drawers and opened one of the envelopes.

When I slowly slid the papers out, I froze for a moment.

My college application results.

I scanned the paper and when I opened another one, it was from one of the other universities that I applied for.

I passed all of them.

Pushing them aside, I stood up and grabbed my purse, heading to the door.

“Where are you going?” Jazzy asked when I stormed pass her.

“Drew’s,” I called out, pressing the elevator button.

I had no real goals on why I was going to his house, it’s just that I needed to get far away from those papers. They made me think of the future, the future that was already laid out to me the day I started studying.

My parents forced me into a college course that I had no interest in. All my application formed showed that I was applying for a business course.

I didn’t even have a say in my own future and it frustrates me. I took every harsh turn to go to my boyfriend’s house, I didn’t even know if I’m going to call him like that after graduation.

The Everett’s residence came into view and I parked my car at their driveway. I got outside and slammed my car door shut, walking to the front.

“Hey,” Drew greeted, his face is cute as ever but when he noticed my expression, his features became concerned, “What’s wrong?”

I grabbed his hand dragged him inside his own house.

“Where are you going after graduation?” I asked almost snappily.

“My mom left some cookies in the kitchen, maybe you want to…” he started saying as if silently telling me calm down.

But, of course, I cut him off, “What are you going to do with your future!”

He stared at me for a good minute before shaking his, “Come on,” he took my hand in his and pulled me along with him outside his house, “How about a little walk around the neighborhood to ease you out?”