Chapter 8: The Truth

Start from the beginning

However, the Queen was never punished. Her ministers were all defending her and assuming that it was Court Lady Oh who decided to poison herself upon seeing that she has no rights to have the King's heir.

How cruel.

I visited Court Lady Oh one day after the King dismisses the order of nobody was allowed to visit Court Lady Oh during the crucial period.

I sat by her bedside as my tears threaten to fall at the sight of her. She gently took my hand and wiped away the tear drop from my cheek.

"I'm fine." She reassured weakly.

"How could they be so calm even when they murdered your baby? I could never forgive them if I were you!"

Court Lady Oh smiled at me and caressed my cheek, "As long as you are safe, I am well."

I started to cry once more at the poor lady. It's all my fault. If I had rushed away earlier to push the bowl away, she wouldn't have lost her baby.

"I am sorry for not saving you. If I've never stolen that jade necklace, all of these wouldn't have happened!" I continued to blame myself on her downfall.

"You never stolen the necklace. Someone else did." I didn't expect this. I mean, someone accused me?

"Who?" I asked cautiously.

"Someone who shall not be named. I am sure one day the culprit would tell the King."

And sure enough, the culprit really confronted the King. Much to our surprises, it was Princess Yumi who handed herself in. She split out the truth of her being jealous of me when I was married to the 3rd Prince.

She wanted me gone from the palace so that the 3rd Prince only have the heart for her. She wanted to manipulate the Queen in thinking that I was the culprit for stealing her jewelries and she knew Court Lady Oh would do anything to save me. Hence, she had used Court Lady Oh as her pawn to get rid of me. But she never expected things to go wildfire and she begs for forgiveness.

"Your highness! My Queen! Please forgive me! You cannot do this to me! I've always been loyal to you my Queen! Save me!" She yells horrendously as she was being stepped down from her position. The guards struggle to drag her to the dungeon for punishment.

"You have committed a very serious crime of accusation and stealing! Most of all, you killed my child. You shall be hung to your death!" The King has already finalized her decision.

Even the Queen was ruthless as she sat beside the King during the day of the punishment, shamelessly pretending to be innocent. I sat alongside the princesses as we were all invited to watch Princess Yumi got hung.

I felt no pity for her for killing the past Princess Hara, what more the child of Court Lady Oh.

"Your highness! Please forgive me! Ah!" Her death cries rang throughout the entire field as she was being dragged to the hanging area.

Her appearance was completely opposite to the neat and elegant past. Her hair was messy, covering her restless face and the white robe that she was wearing was stained in her own blood. Most of them still moist as it seems the torture was just taken place yesterday.

"Yumi ah! My poor daughter!" A woman and a man was crying at the side, they were being restrained by the guards. I presumed they were Princess Yumi's parents.

"3rd Prince, don't look at me like that..." She cries as she faces 3rd Prince. The 3rd Prince was utterly disappointed and he avoided the contact. Obviously he was embarrassed by this wife of his which he never loved. He refused to bid his farewell and pretends that he had never married that woman.

Princess Yumi stared into space, possibly thinking of nothing as she has lost all hope. The guard hooks over the noose on her and tightens it. The flashback of the vision I saw outside of Court Lady Oh's room flashes back and I felt a tiny bit apologetic that this has to be the way she ends her life.

The sky started to turn grey as the sounds of thunder rumbling quite a distance away from the palace. At the signal of the King, both guards standing at opposite ends pulls the rope and Princess Yumi was lifted off from the wooden stool.

She struggles while holding on to the noose by her neck and her feet dangles aimlessly.

"Yumi ah!!!" Her parents screamed in desperation at the sight of Princess Yumi letting go of the noose as her arms relaxes to her sides. Her head droop from the noose and she was gone.

Goosebumps arises throughout my whole body as I look at her lifeless body. I wished I had never witness this.

I hope you would be a better person in your next life, Princess Yumi.