First Date: jb

-you and Jack go to see a scary movie and he gets really scared-
Jack's POV
'It's not that hard Jack, just knock on the door, and ask her to hang out, she doesn't even have to know that I consider it a date'
I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Alex had finally, after months of him and just about everyone else I knew, to ask y/n out. She was a photographer for one of the opening bands on our last tour and I got a little closer to her than I should've. I just couldn't help myself, from the second I saw her it was like I was in a trance, I needed to know her.
"Jack? What are you doing here?" She asked once she opened the door.
"You look cute" I said in a tone to make it sound like I was joking referring to the fact that she wasn't wearing makeup, she didn't have to know I actually thought she looked cute though.
"Shut up, what do you want?" She asked rolling her eyes.
"I was bored and no one else is answering their phones so, I thought I'd see what your doing" I said. She sighed.
"You couldn't have came five minutes ago?" She whined.
"Why what's the problem?" I laughed.
"I just took my makeup off."
"Shut up you look fine" I said.
"Whatever," she mumbled moving aside so I could come in. "So, what did you have in mind?"
I shrugged, " I dunno, a movie?"
"I'm down, what movie?" I shrugged again. "Did you even look at the movies playing tonight?" She asked.
"Nope" I said trying to hide how nervous I was.
She took out her phone and looked up the movies playing while I leaned against the counter picking at a piece of skin on my thumb.
"Ooh, how about we see the new Insidious movie?" She asked, her eyes lit up and my stomach dropped, for two reasons. One, she was so damn cute, two, I hated scary movies. I always have and I always would. Alex had forced me to watch the first one with him and I nearly pissed myself. It was even worse after it was over because I didn't sleep for a week, and I was so paranoid that everyone thought I was on drugs.
"Anything else playing?" I laughed hoping she wouldn't think I'm a loser.
"Come on, it's not even that scary" she said.
"Ok fine, but only if you protect me when I get scared and don't make fun of me"'I said trying to sound serious.
"Ok deal," she laughed. "But laughing doesn't count ok?"
"Fine" I mumbled.
"Ok cool let me get ready quick."
"What are you gonna do?" I asked.
"Put makeup on, duh," she replied.
"You look fine y/n, and it will be dark in there anyways."
"Yea but knowing you you're gonna wanna post snapchats and pictures so I gotta look good" she yelled from the bathroom.
"Ok, ok, fine" I yelled back.
While I was waiting I texted Alex to tell him how nervous I was, he just told me I was a dumbass for seeing Insidious 3 which didn't help me at all.
Once y/n was ready we drove to the movie theater in my car, I played 'First Date' by Blink 182 to see if she would get the hint, but she didn't. We got to the theater and bought our tickets along with some popcorn.
Throughout the movie I tried to distract myself by looking at y/n. She was so into the movie and I swear on my life she didn't jump once. I couldn't say the same for me though, y/n actually had to take the popcorn from me just so I wouldn't spill it everywhere. By the time the movie was over y/n was practically holding me.
On the way home y/n laughed about how scared I was, I laughed too but only because I didn't want her to know I was still terrified. We got back to her apartment and I offered to walk her up, mostly just because i didn't want to be alone.
"Want a drink or something? That popcorn was really salty" She asked me once we were in her apartment.
"No I'm ok" I said awkwardly as I just stood there.
"So did you like the movie?" She asked sitting on the counter.
"Y-yea, it was a good one" I stuttered. She raised her eyebrow at me.
"Are you still scared Jack?"
"No! I am not still scared!" I said trying to laugh it off but someone across the hall slammed their front door and it sent me bolting across the room by y/n.
"My ass you're not still scared" she laughed.
"Shut up I can't help it" I said refusing to let go of her waist.
"Do you want to stay over night? Just so you're not alone?" She asked, I nodded vigorously.
"Yes please" I muttered. I let go of her and she jumped down from the counter.
"Did you want to go to your place and grab clothes or?"
"No it's fine I'll just sleep in this" I said, she nodded and walked into her room with me not to far behind.
"Here, you can see if these fit, they're way to big for me" she said handing me some basketball shorts and a tee shirt.
"Thanks" I stuttered.
"Ok I'm gonna change and take my makeup off in the bathroom, you gonna be ok out here alone?" She asked, I couldn't tell if she was joking or not so I just nodded my head.
While she was in the bathroom I changed quick and sat up by the headboard clutching one of her pillows while I beat myself up for being stupid enough to see that movie.
She came out and we sat in bed for a while talking, I could tell she was trying to get my mind off of the movie but it wasn't working.
She eventually fell asleep but I was still up. Luck her, she had been asleep for like three hours while I just tossed and turned not being able to sleep at all.
I was laying on my back trying to think happy but it would not work. I was honestly so scared I wanted to cry. The scenes replayed until eventually one made me bolt upright.
"Jack?" Y/n mumbled. "Are you still awake?" She asked putting a hand on my back. I flinched, why did I flinch? I was so stupid.
"S-sorry" I mumbled.
"Have you slept at all?" I shook my head.
"Come with me, I think I have some allergy pills that will make you drowsy" she said walking to the kitchen with me behind her.
While she was digging around in the cabinet I leaned against the counter and hugged myself. She turned around with a pill in her hand and handed it to me then went to grab a glass of water.
"Wow that movie really scared you" she said. I shrugged.
"I'm sorry Jack, I didn't mean to scare you."
"Why are you sorry?" I asked.
"I don't know, I feel bad."
"It's my fault, I knew this would happen" I mumbled taking the pill.
"If you knew this would happen why did you see it anyways?"
"Because, I didn't want to pass up the chance to see a movie with you" I said quietly.
"What are you talking about?"
"I just, I really like you and I kinda wanted to go on a date but I was too much of a pussy to say it out loud" I said looking at the glass in my hands. She didn't say anything for a little bit which made me nervous.
"Is that why you played First Date in the car?" She asked, I looked up and she had a grin on her face. I nodded.
"Awe Jack, that's cute" she giggled. "Tell ya what, I'll make you a list of my fears and on our next date you can try and get me back."
"Next date?"
"Yea, if you would've asked me out I would've said yes. I mean, I've had the biggest crush on you for like, ever. It was pretty obvious, I thought you knew about it" she said looking at the ground.
"No I didn't, it was obvious that I liked you though, I thought you knew about that" I said, she shook her head.
"Huh, interesting" I mumbled.
"So, just to be clear, we're dating now, right?" Y/n asked.
"Umm yea I think so" I replied.
"Cool, also by the way, you missed your target" she said.
"I what?" I said really confused. Before I could say anything else she grabbed my neck and pulled me down to her lips. She pulled away with a smile on her face.
"I dread the thought of our very first kiss, a target that I'm probably gonna miss" she sung quietly in my ear making me smile ear to ear.
"So, do you wanna lay on the couch and watch Adventure Time until we fall asleep?" She asked.
"I would love to."
___________________
lol sorry for all the Jack imagines, I'm in a Jack mood my bad
LIKE & COMMENT OK COOL THANKS AND LEAVE SUGGESTIONS THAnkS