Chapter 14: The Loot of a Thousand Worlds

"Where is it?!" Silver exclaimed.

"I see nothing! One great, big stinkin' hunk of nothing!" Mr. Onus shouted.

The green trail went back into the map. And no matter how much Jim tried to open it, it wouldn't do so.

"What's going on, Jimbo?" Silver demanded, frustrated.

"I don't know. I-I can't get it open," Jim answered, struggling to open the map.

"We should've never followed this boy!" Mary yelled, pushing Jim to the ground.

"Hey!" Jim exclaimed as he went down.

"Take it easy!" I said to Mary, got to Jim's level, asking, "You okay?"

"Yeah," he answered.

"Wait. Look," I replied.

I moved some of the moss out of the way.

"I'd suggest yeh get that gizmo going again, and fast!" Silver demanded.

There was a hole that seemed to be the same shape and had the same markings as the map. Jim looked at it then me.

"Let's rip their gizzards right out, right now," Mr. Turnbuckle suggested.

"Throw them over cliff!" Mr. Onus shouted.

"Do it," I whispered.

He shoved the map into the hole and that area where we stood turned green. Jim and I stood up as a huge green sphere appeared. Then the bottom of the cliff made a portal appear that showed the Lagoon Nebula.

"Oh, have mercy," Silver said.

"Beautiful," I gasped.

"The Lagoon Nebula?" Jim asked.

"But that's...halfway across the galaxy," Silver replied, confused.

Jim and I looked at the map as he pressed some locations and said, "A big door...opening and closing. Let's see, Kinapis."

I tapped him, pressed a crescent moon, and responded, "Montressor Spaceport."

Each location we touched, the portal would show that. That's when Jim figured it out as we continued fiddling with the map.

"So that's how Flint did it. He used this portal to roam the universe stealing treasure," Jim exclaimed.

"But where'd he stash it all?" Silver demanded, pushing Jim out of the way, in which I caught him, and started pushing locations, muttering, "Where's that blasted treasure?!"

"Treasure! Treasure! It's...buried in the-" B.E.N. struggled to remember.

"Buried in the centroid of the mechanism," Jim finished.

I thought about it for a minute along with him until he got it.

"What if the whole planet is the mechanism?" Jim replied, smiling.

"And the treasure is buried at the center of this planet!" I exclaimed excitedly.

The pirates started to frantically dig for the center of the planet. Morons. They barely made a dent since under the vegetation was metal.

"And how in blue blazes are we supposed ta get there?" Silver asked angrily, still pushing the locations.

Jim and I pushed him out of the way and said together, "Just open the right door."

We pressed the image of Treasure Planet and the portal opened to reveal spires, shooting purple lasers in the core of the planet. Jim and I, hand in hand, put our free arms through the portal until we made it through. Silver grabbed my shoulder, making sure he went before us. The other pirates followed after us. What we saw next made the pirates cheer and Morph, Petunia, Silver, B.E.N., Jim, and I to look in awe.

"The loot of a thousand worlds," Silver replied, amazed.

The pirates started running and throwing the treasure around like they were bathing in it.

"We are going to need a bigger boat!" Mr. Onus shouted happily.

I couldn't quit thinking how I've always come for the adventure, but the destination would be great. However, I found something worth more to me than any treasure in all galaxies: love for Jim Hawkins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Aww! Jamie and Jim found the treasure, but they found something worth so much more: each other! Fan girling like crazy and I'm writing this! Lol!