Chapter 3: Meeting and Hating Scroop

As I was walking around the ship, I could overhear some of the crew making fun of Jim. I could easily recognize their voices.

"What are you looking at, weirdo?" Hedley's voice insulted.

"Yeah, weirdo," Torrance agreed.

Once I got to where I saw what was going on, I heard a hiss coming from above. I looked up and it was Scroop. That guy has hated my guts since the day he met me. Well hey, it's the same for me. He slowly approached Jim.

"Cabin boys should learn to mind their own business," he growled.

Jim just smirked as he responded, "What? You got something to hide, Bright Eyes?"

I tried not to laugh, but the smile was wiped away when I saw Scroop lift Jim up by his shirt collar.

"Maybe your ears don't work so well," he said.

"Yeah. Too bad my nose works just fine," Jim replied, scrunching his nose from Scroop's bad breath.

"Why you impudent little-" Scroop snarled.

He shoved Jim on the mast while the others cheered and encouraged Scroop to do some major damage. I was getting through the crowd towards them.

"Any last words, cabin boy?" Scroop asked, putting the tip of his claw under his chin.

"Yo Scroop! Put him down," I said once I got through the crowd.

"Oh? And what are you gonna do if I don't?" he responded.

I scoffed then explained, "You're asking me that? I've taken you down many times. You haven't made a decent blow for a couple of years."

By now I was up in his face as he was trying to face me down, his back to the mast but still holding Jim in place.

"I still wish that the 'accident' I caused had killed you," he smirked.

I hesitated from where I was for a moment. I could feel Jim's gaze on me, but I regained my composure.

"You know, sometimes I wish that too. So I can haunt you for the rest of your miserable life. But I'm still here. Now put him down before things really get ugly," I threatened.

"You're about to go through what he's gonna experience," Scroop growled.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Empty threats. Unlike you, I actually follow through with mine!" I said as I grabbed his free arm and leapt on his back.

I twisted it tightly behind him, which caused him to release Jim and cry in pain. He kept insisting for me to let him go.

"I'm not hearing an 'uncle'," I mocked.

"Uncle!" Scroop strained and I released him and jumped off him.

He held his arm as I smirked. He then about attacked me.

"I dare you. See what Mr. Arrow will do to you," I threatened.

"What's all this then?!" Mr. Arrow commanded as he approached all of us.

I walked over to Jim and helped him up as Mr. Arrow stood between us and Scroop. The others looked pretty ashamed of their behavior.

"You know the rules. There'll be no brawling on this ship. Any further offenders will be confined to the brig for the remainder of the voyage," Mr. Arrow warned then sternly asked, "Am I clear, Mr. Scroop?"

Scroop looked really annoyed. He looked at me and I smirked.

He looked back at Mr. Arrow and answered, "Transparently."

Everyone dispersed except for Jim and me.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thanks," he smiled.

"No problem," I shrugged.

"Jimbo! I gave you a job," Silver said, pointing to the mop in his hand.

"Hey, I was doing it! Until that bug thing-" Jim began angrily.

"Belay that!" Silver interrupted.

"Silver. He's telling the truth. He was working until Scroop came and tried to start something," I defended.

Silver thought about it for a moment, sighed, then replied, "Fine. But get the work done and Morph, Petunia, keep an eye on this here pup."

He walked off while Petunia and Morph's eyes grew and stared at Jim.

"Sorry. Silver can be like that a lot, but it's one of the funny ways of him showing he cares," I explained.

"I figured. And just wondering. What did Scroop mean by 'wishing the accident he caused killed you'?" he asked.

I sighed then answered, "It's a long story."

"Oh," Jim responded.

There was a small pause until I said, "You know what? I'll make you a deal."

"Alright. What is it?" Jim wondered.

"Meet me back here tonight, I'll take you to my favorite part of the ship, and I'll tell you anything you wanna know," I proposed.

"Okay. You got a deal. See you later," he smirked.

"Will do," I smiled and walked off.

He gets to learn more about me. I just hope he doesn't ask what Silver and the crew are up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Cyborg is really nervous yet excited for her talk with Jim. Wouldn't you be?