Chapter 11: Feelings and Discoveries

By the way, this pic wasn't made by me. Full credit goes to Muni726 on DevianArt. Anyway, back to fan fiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Jim helped me in the hideout, he carried me bridal style to a spot near the captain and doctor. They're alive too, but the captain appeared to be injured.

"Captain, what happened?" I asked as Jim sat me down and started fixing my leg.

"Slight bruising from the crash. But it's nothing serious," she tried to shrug it off.

"She has a couple of broken ribs. What about you?" the doctor corrected and asked.

"Silver shot me in the leg just to show how serious he is about getting the map. Speaking of which, where is it?" I wondered.

"It's still on the ship. Turns out, the one we picked up was Morph and Petunia in disguise," Jim explained.

"Little pranksters," I chuckled and they giggled.

Then the robot I saw at the entrance appeared to me.

"Hi. I'm B.E.N., Bio-Electronic Navigator. What's your name?" he asked eagerly, shaking my hand like crazy.

"Uh, well almost everyone calls me Cyborg, but my real name is Jamie," I answered once I got my hand back.

"Oh, so you're the girl that Jimmy wouldn't quit talking about. He's only got eyes for you," the robot said.

"Well, don't tell her that," Jim blushed.

I giggled as I told them, "Don't worry. If Jim and I were in different positions, the feelings would be mutual."

I smiled, looking at Jim, who returned it.

"Okay. See ya later!" B.E.N. exclaimed, running off somewhere.

Jim finished bandaging my leg, but before his hand left it, I gently grabbed it. He looked at me, a little confused.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"For what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"For everything. I feel bad about keeping the mutiny a secret. I could've told the captain sooner of what Silver was planning, but he's my father; the only one I've ever had after my parents' death. I couldn't betray him, even if the rest of the pirates hated me. But after meeting and getting to know you, I was more afraid of betraying you. I love you, but I don't deserve you," I explained, starting to cry and looking away.

I saw his hand come to my cheek and made me face him. He wiped the tears from my eyes with his thumb.

"Hey. It's okay. You know that I love you too. And I don't deserve you either. But like you said, don't blame yourself for something that wasn't your fault. You didn't want any part of it unless it was used for a good cause, which I admire. I knew you weren't going to betray me when you helped us escape the pirates. You've made this journey even better than I could've imagined. Remember, I'll always love you, no matter what," Jim replied.

I smiled as I nuzzled my face into his hand. I can't believe how amazing this guy is and how he's all mine.

"I'll always love you too, Jim," I responded.

He was leaning in; oh my gosh, is he doing what I think he's doing? I started leaning in too. When our lips finally touched, I thought I was going to wake up from this amazing dream. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever experienced and the best part of it was that I was sharing it with the guy I'm in love with. It was when we parted and looked into each other's eyes that I realized it was real.

"What if I told you that was my first kiss?" I whispered.

"What if I told you the same thing?" Jim smiled.

That's when we remembered we weren't alone. We looked at Amelia, Delbert, and B.E.N. smirking at us while Morph and Petunia shape shifted into us and mimicked our kiss. We blushed but chuckled at the matter.

"Come on, let's get you back on your feet to see if you can walk," Jim suggested, changing the subject.

"Okay. I may heal fast but let's take it slow," I responded.

"You got it," he said.

He held onto my right arm as I got on my feet. It hurt a little with every step but it subsided. I'm really glad that Jim was there, helping me with this. But what got our attention was that the captain was getting weaker.

"Gentlemen, Jamie...we must stay together and..." Amelia groaned then lost consciousness.

"And what? What?! We must stay together and what?!" Delbert exclaimed.

She came to and whispered, "Doctor, you have...wonderful eyes," then lost consciousness again.

"She's lost her mind!" Delbert freaked.

"Well, you got to help her!" Jim responded.

"Dang it, Jim, I'm an astronomer, not a doctor. I mean, I am a doctor, but I'm not that kind of doctor. I have a doctorate. It's not the same thing. You can't help people with a doctorate. You just sit there and be useless," the doctor explained.

"It's okay, Doc. It's alright," Jim awkwardly comforted him then walked to the entrance of B.E.N.'s home.

I went up to him with a slight limp and leaned against him. He welcomed me by putting an arm around me.

"Yeah, Doc. Jimmy knows exactly how to get out of this. It's just...Jimmy has this knowledge of things," B.E.N. said confidently, then whispered, "Jim, any thoughts at all?"

"Without the map, we're dead," Jim said.

"If we try to leave, we're dead," I replied.

"If we stay here..." Jim started as he turned to face everyone.

"We're dead! We're dead, we're dead, we're dead!" Morph and Petunia mimicked.

Jim sighed and faced outside. I side hugged him and gave him a comforting smile. He returned it and kissed my forehead. What can we do? Pirates right outside our temporary home and without the map?

"Well, I think Jimmy could use a little 'quiet time'. So I'll just slip out the back door," B.E.N. said.

Jim and I snapped out of our thoughts with those words.

"'Back door'?" we responded.

B.E.N. started rotating a huge, metal ball with an opening as he answered, "Oh yeah. I get this delightful breeze through here, which I think is important, because ventilation among friends-"

"Whoa. What is all this stuff?" Jim asked as we looked at all the machinery.

"You mean the miles and miles of machinery that run through the entire course of the inside of this planet?" B.E.N. wondered.

"Yeah," I said, smiling.

"Not a clue!" B.E.N. blurted out, which made me laugh.

"Hey, Doc! Doc, I think I found a way out of here! Jamie, are you coming?" Jim replied.

"You know it," I answered as he wrapped an arm around my waist and my arms around his neck.

"No, no. Guys, wait. The captain ordered us to stay-" Delbert disagreed.

"We'll be back," Jim assured and we jumped.

"Whoo!" I yelled.

"Cannonball!" B.E.N. shouted as he jumped after us.

We continued falling through the hole until we finally landed. My leg hurt a little but I toughened through it as we made it through the machinery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jim and Jamie are finally together and they found a way to get the map back. But how will they get it back?