3.Early Morning Madness!

*beep* *beep* *beep*
I turn around and check my phone. My eyes open wide with terror. It's 9.04!!
"Shit.", I mumble. I rush to the bathroom and take a quick 5 minute shower, change my clothes and make my way down to the exit. I stuff a banana in my mouth from the fruit bowl in my hotel room and count that as breakfast. After 15 minutes of waving my arms frantically for a taxi, I manage to get one. New York life I tell you!
I hate the fact that I had to come work the very next day of my flight. Jet lag has never once been my friend. 35 minutes later, I reach my office and stumble my way in. I come face to face with my boss who did not seem very happy with me.
"You are nearly an hour late"
"I'm so sorry Sir, I just couldn't wake up due to the time difference her-"
"I don't care about that! You should have managed yourself in such a way that these time differences do not affect your work! Don't forget, you were transfered here for a reason. Because this is your first day here, I'll leave it here however, future mistakes will not be ignored. I hope you take this very seriously and next time prepare yourself."
"I'm sorry Sir, it won't happen again"
"I sincerely hope so"
He hands me a sheet.
"This is your information sheet on where you will be working and on what days. Your room is on the 4th floor. Room 72."
I nod. He walks off. What a stuck - up, mean boss.
I step into the lift to make my way up to room 72. The doors close and I'm on my way to my room. I stand back and take a sigh of relief. At last, I'm here. After all that stress, I needed coffee to calm my nerves. I remember Alex and his gorgeous smile. Us going to Starbucks together. When I think about it now, its really weird how we became friends. It's bearly even been 24 hours! I think about how excited I am to be meeting him this Thursday.
The lift doors open and my wandering mind stops to a halt. As the doors part, this man comes into the lift and stands next to me. The doors close and once again I'm on the journey to the 4th floor. We stand next to each other, silent. Awkward. I want to take a glance at him to see how he looks like but then it will make things seem even more awkward. I try to look through the corner of my eye and I kinda manage to see that he has blonde hair and is wearing a suit. Just as I think it couldn't get any more awkward, he turns around and looks at me.
"Hi, my name's Jacob." Silence. I'm too scared to speak, because I have a feeling he's talking to me because he knows how awkward I'm feeling and how awkward the situation is and that just makes the situation even more awkward!
"What's your name?" Oh great, he actually wants to have a converstaion with me! Why is the 4th floor so high up in this building? I hope someone come into the lift so that the situation becomes less awkward!
"Hi", I manage to say with such difficulty. I gulp, "my name is Rosetta."
"Wow. Rosetta. What a unique name!"
My thoughts race back to when I met Alex and how he said he loved my name.
"Yeah, I get that a lot", I smile nervously.
So, you new here? I haven't seen you round?"
"Yeah, I'm new here. I just started today. I actually got transfered here."
"That's great! Where did you used to work before?"
"Well, I used to work in a different country before..."
"Oh really? Tell me about it! And which country was that?"
"England"
"Wow, you know what? England is my favourite tourist destination in the world! I -"
The doors open in what seemed like forever and a half.
"Oh, sorry, looks like my room's here. Got to go! Bye!"
He mangages to just do a simple wave back although I could tell by his face that he didn't want me to go. I try not to look back and fasten up my pace but then when I heard the lift door closing, I slow down until I completely stop walking. I check my phone to see the time and see 2 new messages from a contact which I did not recognise. I read the messgages and smile as I find out that it's from Alex.

[Hey beautiful, in case you've forgotton its Alex.]
[Can't wait to see you on Thursday! ☺]

Thats all I needed to brighten up my morning.