1. Hello Land of Dreams

I step out of the airplane ready to start my new life. Who knew I'd end up here? Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that after I leave High School I'll end up this successful. I breathe in the New York air and inhale a sense of relief that my plane journey went really well. New York has always been one of my dream destinations. There's something about this place that just makes my heart leap with joy. I mean, what's there not to love? There's thousands of shopping destinations, places to explore, new people to meet! I mean, what more could a girl want? As soon as I got the news that I was being transferred to New York for 6 months, my anticipation had got the better of me! It especially got worse when I couldn't sleep at all due to the excitment! I had this instinct feeling in me that somehow, something so tremendously good is going to happen in New York, and I can't wait to see what that is! Meeting a celebrity? Being offered many more exciting opportunities? Whatever it is, I just can't wait until it happens!!
As I drag my suitcase into the airport, I trip over one of my bags and fall face flat on the floor. Great! Way to go Rosie! Is there ever a day where I don't embarass myself? I pick myself up from the floor and as I get up, I see a smooth male hand in front of me. I look up at his face. I never knew greek gods ever existed, until now. My cheeks flush crimson red as I hold the hand and he helps me get up. I smile an awkward smile, and it seems like he understands the awkwardness I'm feeling.
"Aww, look at you! You look so cute!" He smiles a cheesy smile.
"Don't worry! We all have our weak moments!" Great, he thinks I'm a weak little girl.
"Thanks" My cheeks still red,  I pick up my bags and start walking towards the baggage checking area. He soon follows me and taps me on the shoulder.
"Hey, you didn't tell me your name?" I look at him, surprised. He wants to know my name?
"Oh sorry, my name is Rosetta Smith"
"Oooh Rosetta, what a unique name!" He smiles a cheeky smile. Damn this boy is so gorgeous.
"Well, my names Alex. Alex Anderson. But you can just call me Alex." I smile. He's too cute.
"Well, this is weird." He looks down.
"What?"
"Well, i was thinking we could grab some coffee if you have time to spare?" He laughs. "Don't get me wrong, I just like making new friends!"
I laugh too. I can't refuse to go on a coffee date with a handsome hunk, so of course I say yes.
"Ok", I blush. "Just first let me leave my bags in my hotel!"
"You could do that or... you can leave it in my car for the meanwhile, and the afterwards I can drop you at your hotel?! How does that sound? Don't worry, in case your wondering, I'm not a thief!" He laughs.
"Sounds great" I give my thumbs up. We leave and I put my suitcases and baggage in the boot of his car. I sit at the back seat. He opens the car door and sits in the drivers seat. I look at him from his rear view mirror.
"Why are you sitting at the back? Come sit at the front.", he urges me.
"No thanks, I'm fine over here."
"You sure?"
"Yeah"
"Okey dokey" He puts his seatbelt on and starts driving out of the airport. A few minutes of silence as we drive onto the road. He breaks the silence.
"So, have you ever been to New York before?"
"No, but it has always been my dream destination"
"Oh, so where are you from anyway?"
"I'm from California. I've come here on a business trip."
"Aww, so you have to work here? It's a shame, because there's so much here to explore, people can't resist spending a week or two just going around everywhere and shopping. Trust me, I know."
"Oh, I will be touring around too! I'm going to be here for 6 months so a lot of the time I would be shopping, being the typical tourist!" I chuckle, but fail miserably at it and just wished that the ground would swallow me up. The things you do to impress men. A few more minutes of silence, and the he pulls over to a parking lot.
"We have arrived at our destination!", he imitates, laughing. I've noticed something, he's always laughing. What a smiley boy. But at the same time, what a sexy chunk of meat. If only I could rip his shirt off. Wait, did I just think that?
We get out and go into Starbucks. I'm actually so tired from the plane journey. Coffee is just what I need. I can't help that I'm so weak. Especially if this Alex boy is here with me. Just imagine, a hot guy you just embarrassed yourself in front of asking you out on a coffee date? How would you feel? You'd go head of heels over him. Or maybe have so many butterflies in your tummy, that you just explode with happiness? Well, I feel both right now! What a lucky girl am I!!